May 25, 2024, 07:10:48 PM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

TooB

C.Mongler

yeeah from what ive heard the performance patch does more on the switch; on the wii u it's negligible at best

Samus Aran

i've done over 100 shrines now hocuspocus;

also, i'm at 28 hearts, and my defense is so fucking high (72) that even silver lynels can't manage to hurt me much

rdl

got the [spoiler]mster sword  THE POWER OF GOD[/spoiler]

i find it super useful, i basically dont have to worry about my inventory anymore. its great

Samus Aran

yeah i basically just always default to it, only using other weapons once it's out of energy

but i've found so many korok seeds (like 230) that i have a ton of weapon stash slots anyway so even if i didnt have that i'd be pretty ok

Samus Aran

I finished off the last couple shrines today. All 120 are done. So I figured it was as good a time as any to go beat Ganon. I've done almost everything in this game that I want to do anyway.

So Ganon...It's a good fight but it was a little underwhelming tbh. Zelda's​ description of him during the final phase though is interesting for Ganon's character:

[spoiler=actual spoiler]This idea that he's "given up on reincarnating" and is now nothing more than pure evil and malice. It explains why there's no Ganondorf in this game. I guess if I was cursed to keep reincarnating and keep being sealed away I'd go mad and become nothing but hatred incarnate as well lol[/spoiler]

This game is so wonderful though. In a way I still prefer the best of the traditional Zeldas because of their stories, but this game is just fucking fantastic, I can't deny it. Not perfect obviously but this is easily at least a 9/10.

Samus Aran

btw, a minor gripe about the story:

[spoiler]no mention of the triforce. nowhere. no triforces of courage, wisdom, or power mentioned either. i mean courage, wisdom and power are referenced in area names, as are the three goddesses that represent them, but none of this is ever direction mentioned in the story. i'm not willing to buy that all of this stuff has just kinda been forgotten over time, because the symbolism is all still there, in the royal family's emblem and all.

idk, obviously not every game needs to actually have the triforce in it, but every other zelda game taking place in hyrule at least demonstrates that the triforce is at least an indirect influence on the game's events.

it KIND OF makes sense that everyone has by this time at least forgotten the details surrounding the individual triforces, because everyone was at a loss as to how to awaken Zelda's sealing power

idk lol [/spoiler]

Nyerp

[arin hanson voice] there is so much. goddamn. waiting. in breath of the wild

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on April 08, 2017, 02:23:21 PM
[arin hanson voice] there is so much. goddamn. waiting. in breath of the wild
in this game, its actually true

Nyerp

wawi

is it worth getting a switch for this game :(

Samus Aran

It's never worth buying a console at launch for one game. Never.

Nyerp

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on April 08, 2017, 07:21:45 PM

this. especially in this case if you already have a wii u. if not, wait until mario comes out

wawi

Quote from: Nyerp on April 08, 2017, 07:25:18 PM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on April 08, 2017, 07:21:45 PM

this. especially in this case if you already have a wii u. if not, wait until mario comes out

i dont have a console anymore, so i was just wondering how this game compares to other zeldas. i will wait until there is a package deal and other games are announced, thanks

rdl

it doesnt really compare to other zeldas. its pretty different.

ive collected i think 61 shines now and i havent gone to the southern half at all, and just now really exploring the west and havent touched the northwest.

i got a little burned out so im playing way less. feels a lot better, botw sort of took over my life for like a month.

Go Up