September 28, 2024, 03:03:04 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

I bought it on Wii U yesterday. While, I could of waited till this morning and got a Switch because Best Buy told me they were getting no less than 8 and no more that 10 today. But, I decided not to buy a 300 dollar system for one game. The frame rate issues are terrible for a game that has been in development for 5 or so years on a console that came out in 2012.

Also, I played on my TV in the bedroom for a few hours, then my fiance came home with my son and I probably played equal as much time on the Gamepad only. The experience was not changed very much. I.E. the Switch.

Kalahari Inkantation

botw came in today happydood;

i'll start it as soon as i've finished dark souls 3 (+dlc)

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on March 05, 2017, 08:01:01 PM
botw came in today happydood;

i'll start it as soon as i've finished dark souls 3 (+dlc)

can't wait for the tecreview happydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

if it really is as long and content-heavy as they say it is, my completionistic tendencies mean you might be waiting a while lol

of course, i'll also be making periodic posts about noteworthy events but those are likely to be riddled with spoils

Nyerp

it's not getting here till like tuesday at the earliest.................

rdl

Quote from: Tectron on March 05, 2017, 08:17:08 PM
if it really is as long and content-heavy as they say it is, my completionistic tendencies mean you might be waiting a while lol

of course, i'll also be making periodic posts about noteworthy events but those are likely to be riddled with spoils
ive played maybe 7 hours now and i still havent left the starting area. so, yes, it's probably pretty long

YPrrrr

People bitch about starting area in dragon age inquisition

But if it's zelda it's genius!

rdl

Quote from: YPargh on March 05, 2017, 08:40:19 PM

i mean im literally going back and marking on my map where everything is and coming back when i get the item for it. also if there are two ways to get somewhere sometimes i go back and do both lol.

the only thing that is a little ridiculous is time spent traveling, but i could fast travel. i dont bc the game is way too pretty.

also camera issues were fixed by increasing camera speed. controls are still a little fucky but it's not as bad. just doesnt make sense for the sword to be put on y and running on b.

Kalahari Inkantation

people have been well-deservedly bitching about the starting areas/sequences in zelda games since wind waker, and in fact the starting areas seemed to only get more egregious with every subsequent 3d release from ww to skyward sword

if botw's starting area actually is genuis, it's only because they finally took two decades of constant criticism about shitty starting areas to heart

this is definitely not one of those 'it's okay if zelda/nintendo does it !!!!!!' situations lol

Samus Aran

later 3d zelda games have you on training wheels for a few hours upon starting the game. this one may also have a "long beginning," but not because of training wheels/tutorials. it's because there's legitimately a lot to do and explore before you're even off the plateau.

rdl

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 05, 2017, 09:28:40 PM
later 3d zelda games have you on training wheels for a few hours upon starting the game. this one may also have a "long beginning," but not because of training wheels/tutorials. it's because there's legitimately a lot to do and explore before you're even off the plateau.
this. it feels like an n64 game tbh, there are lots of different unique areas and its honestly big enough to be its own game. thats why it works so well.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Tectron on March 05, 2017, 09:03:01 PM

people have been well-deservedly bitching about the starting areas/sequences in zelda games since wind waker, and in fact the starting areas seemed to only get more egregious with every subsequent 3d release from ww to skyward sword

if botw's starting area actually is genuis, it's only because they finally took two decades of constant criticism about shitty starting areas to heart

this is definitely not one of those 'it's okay if zelda/nintendo does it !!!!!!' situations lol
I think were thinking of different types of starting areas though like TP was a tutorial essentially but DAI was a huge first open area that wasn't a tutorial but took forever if you did all the quests available. Idk though because I didn't play SS

Commander Fuckass

BotW has the Original Zelda feel when it comes to exploring imho
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler= no spoils, just a controversial tecopinion]

the "original zelda feel" SUCKS

i hope botw is absolutely nothing like that

gee, i sure do enjoy being dumped in the middle of nowhere and wandering around aimlessly for hours at a time while burning arbitrary bushes and bombing random walls until i find a thing !!![/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Tectron on March 06, 2017, 06:38:42 AM
[spoiler= no spoils, just a controversial tecopinion]

the "original zelda feel" SUCKS

i hope botw is absolutely nothing like that

gee, i sure do enjoy being dumped in the middle of nowhere and wandering around aimlessly for hours at a time while burning arbitrary bushes and bombing random walls until i find a thing !!![/spoiler]
I've got two words for you then
[spoiler]get gud[/spoiler]
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up