May 08, 2024, 03:34:12 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Samus Aran

played it for a little bit today, pretty neato game so far

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm still extremely annoyed that the special edition is switch exclusive, but what can one expect from one of the most anti-consumer companies on the face of the earth

anyway, i'll be picking this up for wii u later this week, can't wait

those metacritic scores are mind-blowing O_0

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on March 04, 2017, 04:24:14 PM
i'm still extremely annoyed that the special edition is switch exclusive, but what can one expect from one of the most anti-consumer companies on the face of the earth

TEC! What's up? Are you excited for brand new (for zelda) VOICES!?

rdl

March 04, 2017, 04:39:17 PM #393 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:17:52 PM by ADX
people are saying the voice acting is cringey but i totally disagree. its fine imo. way better than like mario sunshine level voice acting lol

i like how snowy hasnt logged in since he made that post. confirmed a dickhead? maybe.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on March 04, 2017, 04:31:53 PM
Quote from: Tectron on March 04, 2017, 04:24:14 PM

TEC! What's up? Are you excited for brand new (for zelda) VOICES!?

hi john nyandood;

and h. god yes, full voice acting (minus link) is something i've wanted in zelda for years, it's been standard in open adventure games for 15 years now lol

botw's voice acting is only partial but it's certainly a huge step in the right direction

Quote from: ADX on March 04, 2017, 04:39:17 PM
people are saying the voice acting is cringey but i totally disagree. its fine imo. way better than like mario sunshine level voice acting lol

it can't be any cringier than skyrim's and most of us were able to tolerate even that lol

from the voice samples i've heard, botw's acting is occasionally a tad awkward but it's mostly of a quality totally appropriate for zelda

i'm sure my opinion won't change once i've started the full game

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

rdl

allegedly the frame rate drops stop once you leave the starting area. not there yet though lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on March 04, 2017, 09:38:43 PM
Quote from: Tectron on March 04, 2017, 09:36:55 PM
i hate this frame rate

Quote from: Thyme on February 28, 2017, 03:40:23 PM
supa-hot-fire_reaction.gif

lol

Quote from: ADX on March 04, 2017, 10:06:09 PM
allegedly the frame rate drops stop once you leave the starting area. not there yet though lol

allegedly it also gets worse (sub-20 range) in towns smithicide;

and i've definitely seen it dip during combat in areas other than the great plateau

bluaki

March 05, 2017, 09:11:05 AM #400 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:57:05 AM by bluaki
Quote from: ADX on March 03, 2017, 10:04:09 PM
[spoiler=alright respoilered up ya cwocksuckers]so it's not OoT link! confirmed by snowy to not be true. thanks snowy! so that leaves, hmm, Wind Waker Link was the other popular theory but that's just because there are koroks and minerals from the ocean. or it could be a whole new link but still a direct sequel to OoT on the Link Dies timeline. some were saying alttp but doesn't make sense given the recent rereleases. from a everyone will be familiar perspective, it has to be a direct sequel to either OoT or TWW.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=this isn't even spoilers based on anything more than the box art]Distinguishing the different Links between art styles is a bit harder, but for Zelda in particular you can tell (based on appearance alone) she's not the same person as any other Zelda we've seen in the 3D console games.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=minor spoiler from when visiting a certain place with water]They say that, if Link (or another Hylian/non-Zora) doesn't defeat Ruta, the neverending rain could result in not just Lanaryu but possibly all of Hyrule becoming completely flooded. I interpreted this as an allusion to Wind Waker's Great Sea but also as implying that The Great Sea has never (yet) happened to this world.[/spoiler]

rdl

why do you retards keep talking about the plot without spoiler tags

maybe i am the one who is retarded

does the majority of boyah suffer from autism

bluaki

Quote from: ADX on March 05, 2017, 09:25:04 AM

I used a spoiler tag when mentioning something that's actually part of the plot in the game and didn't use one for something that you can tell or speculate just by seeing character art on something like the amiibo box.

Is there a problem with that? confuseddood;

Daddy

i think a majority of the INTERNET has tism

rdl

Quote from: bluaki on March 05, 2017, 09:30:34 AM

I used a spoiler tag when mentioning something that's actually part of the plot in the game and didn't use one for something that you can tell or speculate just by seeing character art on something like the amiibo box.

Is there a problem with that? confuseddood;
yes. some people dont even have the game yet or are gonna go real slow (i expect this game to take me at least 6 months at the rate i play) and dont want to hear what races are in it, what the locatiosn are, what the dungeons are, what the items are, and what plot developments are outside of spoiler tags.

even my guess on what the plot twist is, i put inside a spoiler tag. so you (i would think) should put yours inside of one too, right?

Go Up