May 08, 2024, 05:48:31 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: The spy who loves you on March 01, 2017, 06:19:10 PM
SS laid the groundwork for this and I am so glad Nintendo finally wised up and gave us the rejuvenation we need as far as gameplay mechanics go.

you're giving SS far too much credit here. the only "groundwork" it laid for this was the concept of degrading equipment (and barely, at that). that's the only cue from SS that this game arguably takes. but of course, it actually takes it from other games, as degradable equipment is a concept that has existed for ages. likewise, yeah it could be argued it vaguely lifts a sense of open-worldness from a link between worlds, except it doesn't because it's lifting it from other games actually.  again likewise, you could try to say this game is lifting the idea of switching between weapon types from how you can pick up enemy weapons in wind waker, but again not really because it's actually more akin to weapon switching from other games.

basically everything this game is doing new is actually lifted from non-zelda sources and thank god for that lol

C.Mongler

reviews are droppin fam, it's looking gooooooooooooooooood

10s everywhere yall

10 from gamespot (7.5 for SS)
10 from giantbomb (8 for SS)

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 01, 2017, 07:00:04 PM
Quote from: The spy who loves you on March 01, 2017, 06:19:10 PM
SS laid the groundwork for this and I am so glad Nintendo finally wised up and gave us the rejuvenation we need as far as gameplay mechanics go.

you're giving SS far too much credit here. the only "groundwork" it laid for this was the concept of degrading equipment (and barely, at that). that's the only cue from SS that this game arguably takes. but of course, it actually takes it from other games, as degradable equipment is a concept that has existed for ages. likewise, yeah it could be argued it vaguely lifts a sense of open-worldness from a link between worlds, except it doesn't because it's lifting it from other games actually.  again likewise, you could try to say this game is lifting the idea of switching between weapon types from how you can pick up enemy weapons in wind waker, but again not really because it's actually more akin to weapon switching from other games.

basically everything this game is doing new is actually lifted from non-zelda sources and thank god for that lol
YOU KNOW WHAT

you're right but I love that game  akudood;

Commander Fuckass

THE SWITCH HAS FRIENDCODES LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL GG NINTNEDONT
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 02, 2017, 03:49:44 AM

10s everywhere yall

idk how they give it a 10 when most reviewers have complained about frame rate drops. I guess they just blame the console? Seems like it should dock it to like a 9.5 or something but w/e must be pretty damn good for all reviewers  to overlook that

rdl

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 02, 2017, 03:49:44 AM

10s everywhere yall

o-oh

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

98 based on reviews from 56 critics

also, ign review ruined the plot, but id expected it so idk

Hiro

Quote from: ADX on March 01, 2017, 01:53:11 PM
the best part of ss was the wiimote controls it was my dream come true. idk wtf kind of problems everyone else had.

Quote from: steal on March 01, 2017, 04:15:25 PM
SS was pretty much the only (full, console experience) wii game that totally realized the motion controls in a good way imo. My only major gripe with that game was with the sky - flying was boring and there was nothing to really explore outside a handful of islands.
I'm with these
SS was great and while some initial reviews did overstate how good it was, I don't get why people love to shit on it these days. Yes it had flaws but the ground-level areas were some of the best level/dungeon design in the series and I had a blast with the swordplay. Really the only gripes I have are Fi (but even then her annoyances are a meme) the sky being empty, and the recurring Imprisoned battles. Sure it was more linear than usual but I didn't mind it that much. It's in the upper half of the series for me, while TP is near the bottom.
Still BotW does look a lot better than SS, hopefully the framedrops aren't a big deal. People complained about that a lot with The Last Guardian too but I honestly haven't had much of an issue with that.

TooB

Zelda opinions are the worst thing in gaming.

TooB

Daddy

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on March 02, 2017, 06:54:41 AM
like what possessed them to do that

TooB

Quote from: Khadafi on March 02, 2017, 10:16:53 AM
Quote from: Commander Fuckass on March 02, 2017, 06:54:41 AM
like what possessed them to do that
its nintendo. They think it's smart

YPrrrr

Nintendo is literally the Helen Lovejoy of the gaming industry

But won't someone please think of the children?!

rdl

highest ranked game of all time on gamerankings. but, its a zelda, so idk

TooB

Quote from: ADX on March 02, 2017, 12:39:59 PM
highest ranked game of all time on gamerankings. but, its a zelda, so idk
its a zelda, so true opinions won't be available until later this year.

rdl

uh oh amazon still hasn't shipped my game. reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Go Up