May 08, 2024, 12:52:06 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Thyme

at least the quadrups is more powerful than my current pc >.<

C.Mongler

at day 0 launch sure but that also implies there was any must have, high-fidelity games worth owning a ps3 for prior to 2008-09

[spoiler]there wasn't[/spoiler]

in 2008 you could build a PC for around 600 bucks pretty easily and that's throwing in a Geforce 8800 GT, which was about $200 at the time, that could play most games of its day at fairly respectable performance. hell an 8800 can play semi modern shit like GTA V and Tomb Retard Reboot 1 and it only looks slightly worse than a PS3. up it slightly to 2008's $300 GTX 280 and ta-da, you've got got more fidelity than a ps3.

but i guess if you were reaaaaalllllly itchin' to play that wicked sick tony hawk's american wasteland on xbox 360 in 2005 you're technically right, but you still had to fork over some more cash to play online and then have to deal with the monstrosity that was either of those console's UIs  myface;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 29, 2016, 05:04:53 PM
but that also implies there was any must have, high-fidelity games worth owning a ps3 for prior to 2008-09

no it doesn't

i'm talking strictly about power, you're the only one bringing up library quality lol

2008 is a full three years after the 360's launch, and even then you could only just barely match it with an 8800-based pc for, according to you, $250 more than the cost of a 2008 360

the 360 was simply an unbeatable machine in terms of price:performance when it launched, and for many years thereafter

the ps3 came a year later but it was still unmatched by anything except the 360, pcs just couldn't compete at that price range until 2009

heck, even if we do take library into account, the 360 had built up a pretty respectable one by 2008, it had much the same games the pc had access to and many more, at equal or better graphical fidelity

the ps3's library is another matter but again in terms of raw power pc hardware was no match (at reasonable prices) for it for years

[spoiler]

and no, i'm not implying the ps3 was reasonably priced before you nitpick on that, but there's no way you were building a pc with ps3-equivalent specs for <$1200 in 2006[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

a boy i can render a floppy dick with 1 trillion polygons what an amazing piece of technology

Quote from: Tectron on November 29, 2016, 08:01:08 PM
2008 is a full three years after the 360's launch

november 22 2007- jan 1 2008 is a month dude lol not a full year

anyway you're literally arguing about tech specs when im more or less making a factitious comment about how consoles have always spent the first year or two of their lives dicking about trying to figure out what the fuck they actually want to be before they get left in the dust in relative no time. also console UIs still are all shit btw lol. also sony took a like 240 dollar loss on every ps3, no shit it was cheaper lol this isnt even a real argument

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 23, 2016, 05:55:45 AM
to be fair every console company has been behind the curve for 10 years since the launch of gen 7

you made a factually incorrect claim about tech specs first

i was just correcting the record(TM), then you moved the goalposts to library

rdl

ITS HER TURN REEEEEEEEEEE

[spoiler]khek[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ADX on November 22, 2016, 09:47:21 PM
it's going to be a lot of rehashing of 5 year old ideas. thats my negative hater opinion.

and i would be perfectly okay with this so long as it rehashes and integrates those ideas well

there's nothing wrong with taking a great new mechanic from another game and adapting it for your own

it's better than riding on oot's coattails for 20 years and completely ignoring the advancements that other studios have made since 1998

rdl

ive been oot so long it look up to me

also
Quote from: ADX on November 22, 2016, 09:47:21 PM
5 year old ideas.

Quote from: Tectron on November 29, 2016, 09:18:48 PM
there's nothing wrong with taking a great new mechanic

huh

Kalahari Inkantation

the five year old ideas we're seeing in botw are brand new for zelda

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on November 29, 2016, 09:01:52 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on November 23, 2016, 05:55:45 AM
to be fair every console company has been behind the curve for 10 years since the launch of gen 7

you made a factually incorrect claim about tech specs first

i was just correcting the record(TM), then you moved the goalposts to library
yes, thank you, as you can see i literally said nothing specifically about hardware or "technology" but you are welcome to infer things as you wish, this is trump's america and barron's cyber

Kalahari Inkantation

well idk what else you could have been talking about because consoles certainly don't lag behind pcs in terms of game content befuddlement

even when consoles experience droughts, pcs are almost equally affected, and if anything it's worse on pc because console releases often get priority in terms of launch date and performance optimization

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 29, 2016, 08:45:28 PM
also sony took a like 240 dollar loss on every ps3, no shit it was cheaper lol this isnt even a real argument

i know this

but it's completely irrelevant to the end consumer, and you still couldn't come close to building a ps3-equivalent pc in 2006 for $850 lol

let alone a 360-equivalent pc in 2005 for $600, considering the 360 was a $200 loss leader as well

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on December 01, 2016, 12:02:28 PM
well idk what else you could have been talking about because consoles certainly don't lag behind pcs in terms of game content befuddlement

Wutface lol

The 360 was an Xbox port machine with HDMI out until Gears came out and then remained stagnant until about 2007

The PS3 didnt any fucking worthwhile games until 2008 lol

Quote from: Tectron on December 01, 2016, 12:02:28 PM
even when consoles experience droughts, pcs are almost equally affected, and if anything it's worse on pc because console releases often get priority in terms of launch date and performance optimization

this also is something you're pulling out of your ass for the sake of your own argument???? did you buy a ps3 at launch and did i trigger you or something lol

C.Mongler

Regardless this has nothing to do with Zelda and like I've said like twice now we're arguing about different things because you take everything I say literally for some reason lol so back to zelda:

is nintendo gonna announce the delay tonight???

rdl

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up