October 01, 2024, 03:25:41 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Which PS3 is the best PS3?

Started by The artist formally known, September 30, 2014, 04:17:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

I wish to play PS1-3 games on it  giggle;

Kalahari Inkantation

easily the 60gb and early 80gb models (the ones with four usb ports), if you can find one at a reasonable price, because they can play all three generations of playstation games

if not, just get a slim lol

slims lack ps2 compatibility (but retain ps1 compatibility), but many of the ps2's noteworthy titles have been ported over to the ps3 anyway, so unless you're specifically interested in playing games you already own then i'd just get a slim

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Nyerp

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 30, 2014, 07:26:12 PM
Wait really it plays ps1 games

yes, every single model does

but ps2 games are only playable on the fats with four usb ports

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

The artist formally known

Quote from: Tectron on September 30, 2014, 04:21:57 PM
easily the 60gb and early 80gb models (the ones with four usb ports), if you can find one at a reasonable price, because they can play all three generations of playstation games

if not, just get a slim lol

slims lack ps2 compatibility (but retain ps1 compatibility), but many of the ps2's noteworthy titles have been ported over to the ps3 anyway, so unless you're specifically interested in playing games you already own then i'd just get a slim
I think the fat ones w/ 4 USBs are the way to go. I have a large PS2 library already.

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on October 01, 2014, 02:04:10 PM
Quote from: Commander Fuckass on October 01, 2014, 10:11:47 AM
Tec is fat and has 4 usb sports

big is beautiful :(
the original ps3 is still the most beautiful thing ever.  maybe not with the original chrome, something i'm happy that was phased out for plastic on later models.

still want to see a 20gb in person :(

Kalahari Inkantation

wholeheartedly agreed, and me too :(

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

i think i might honestly pick one up once the ps3 finally begins to fade into irrelevance lol

ME##

yeah the only "disadvantage" of a 20gb is the lack of wifi, but honestly i've been using a wired connection for awhile now for my ps3 lol.  i don't know if it's a placebo effect, but it seems not kick into its highest fan setting as quickly when not using wifi.

[spoiler]plus i don't like looking at the stupid green led on the front for wifi activity since i sit slightly askew from the ps3 so the light that bleeds into the vent from it bothers me lol[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

mine is close enough to my router that it wouldn't even be an issue, and even if it were i do have a 50' ethernet cable laying around here somewhere sillydood;

Go Up