June 16, 2024, 05:15:18 PM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls 2

Started by TooB, March 05, 2014, 11:53:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 17, 2014, 10:41:20 AM
smelter demon is an absolute bastard
if you get the iron king dlc, you can fight cool ranch smelter demon

TooB

only 3 more sun medals to go till i am on my way to platinuming ds2

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Dark Souls 2.......................................................................................

[spoiler]PLATINUM!!!!!!!!!!! giggle;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Jojo on November 17, 2014, 11:10:29 PM
Dark Souls 2.......................................................................................

[spoiler]PLATINUM!!!!!!!!!!! giggle;[/spoiler]

gj wrench;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Tectron on November 17, 2014, 10:41:20 AM
smelter demon is an absolute bastard

i also fecking hate alonne knights

still haven't progressed from iron keep btw lol

Samus Aran

the ai of the alonne knights is so wonky

if you agro them from far away, they'll run ridiculously fast over to you, comically so even. but then they have a hard time actually staying agro'd sometimes and just attack in weird intervals idk.

Kalahari Inkantation

finally beat helter smelter douchebag

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 18, 2014, 11:35:31 PM
finally beat helter smelter douchebag
sweet gj wrench;

he's not an easy boss

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on November 18, 2014, 11:33:59 PM

if you agro them from far away, they'll run ridiculously fast over to you, comically so even. but then they have a hard time actually staying agro'd sometimes and just attack in weird intervals idk.

i absolutely despise them precisely for that, which has caused me to lose my humanity at least twice now

also what's your soul memory i have to try to aim to be in your range by the time i'm finished smithicide;

Samus Aran

well I can't really find out right now lol. I'll tell you once I'm back home and i finish the last dlc.

BTW the weird ai is extremely obvious if you stand in the doorway leading out to the open area with the drawbridge leading to the smelter demon, and from there shoot an arrow at the knight standing on the drawbridge. This consistently caused his ai to go nuts for me, most often resulting in him continually running against a wall. Also once he just sprinted straight off the bridge into the lava

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 18, 2014, 11:36:33 PM
Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on November 18, 2014, 11:33:59 PM

i absolutely despise them precisely for that, which has caused me to lose my humanity at least twice now

also what's your soul memory i have to try to aim to be in your range by the time i'm finished smithicide;
so what are you thinking about the game so far?

as for me, I've told kaz that I thought this was the best one gameplay-wise. like, the gameplay package itself.
the story and environments are better in the other two though

Kalahari Inkantation

i would enjoy it more if i weren't constantly worried about my ever-increasing soul memory lol

but so far i have no other real complaints, and i think i'm still early enough that i haven't really had a chance to notice that the environments are consistently less impressive or that the story is somehow even less coherent

but worry not, my opinionated snobbery will shine through soon enough

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 18, 2014, 11:54:34 PM
i would enjoy it more if i weren't constantly worried about my ever-increasing soul memory lol

but so far i have no other real complaints, and i think i'm still early enough that i haven't really had a chance to notice that the environments are consistently less impressive or that the story is somehow even less coherent

but worry not, my opinionated snobbery will shine through soon enough
well the story is always incoherent, but some think that the lore is less interesting, which I don't fully agree with.

and I still think the game has a great ambiance, but it's not as "unsettling" as the first two were, save for a few areas.

Go Up