September 25, 2024, 02:21:30 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

don't copy that flopy

Started by ME##, November 22, 2013, 03:42:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Uk_e0WHyc[/youtube]

[spoiler]it's surprising how similar things are still.

'the mac just works out of the box, whereas on the pc side they're trying to fix that with the plug'n'play initiative' [/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

bluaki

I never had a computer until 2005 so all this old stuff is foreign yet amusing to me giggle;

I'm surprised the "Mac vs PC" terminology has been around for so long. In my opinion, it's deceptive not to call Apple computers PCs; I think the term should refer collectively to general purpose personal computers like desktops and laptops but excluding servers, game systems, and maybe smartphones/tablets.

It sounds like they used to have much more variety in computer input methods. "The most common is a trackball mouse that clips onto the side of the unit". I see some of my professors using trackballs, but they're overall a pretty obscure input devices.

"Almost all of us are going to have to be using Windows whether we want to or not" still holds true today, but holds a different meaning

I'm a little surprised how much they're portraying women as computer experts

bluaki

ME##

it amazes me that bluaki is probably the last boyager to be exposed to computers  n_u

and yeah, i def. remember those trackballs clipped to the side of labtops, my grandpa had one on his outrageously expensive 90s labtorp.

silvertone

Quote from: bluaki on November 23, 2013, 01:19:14 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mario? confuseddood;
is that the mario typing game? i remember that shit

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Classic

Quote from: bluaki on November 23, 2013, 01:19:14 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mario? confuseddood;

Nintendo made educational software in the early 90's.

Hiro

ME##

musica.cards

[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

don't let's

ME##

it amazes me that those companies that gouge you over 'custom'-built pcs still exist lol

ME##

lol speaking of gouging computer builders, i just looked up ibuypower and it's using tomb raider in its advertising of pre-built systems too

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

don't let's

Quote from: David on November 25, 2013, 11:04:44 PM
it amazes me that those companies that gouge you over 'custom'-built pcs still exist lol
aka sony x microsoft

Go Up