October 02, 2024, 07:32:21 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The future of SSB (Dec. 9th 2013)

Started by strongbad, November 18, 2013, 06:37:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Pm is fun, but i dont like a few move changes
The one example being toon links forward smash

Hiro

I'll probably give this a try tonight, but no David, Project M is not the same thing as a completely new Smash Bros. Most people aren't excited for new SSB games for the new mechanics, they are excited for the new graphics, characters, modes, and levels (locations and reinterpretations, not physical level layouts).

TooB

Quote from: H/RO on December 09, 2013, 08:29:18 PM
I'll probably give this a try tonight, but no David, Project M is not the same thing as a completely new Smash Bros. Most people aren't excited for new SSB games for the new mechanics, they are excited for the new graphics, characters, modes, and levels (locations and reinterpretations, not physical level layouts).
OMG MEGAMAN
almost literally the reason i am getting the new one

strongbad

Quote from: H/RO on December 09, 2013, 08:29:18 PM

project m has literally all of those things that you mentioned

TooB

Quote from: udderfailure on December 09, 2013, 08:55:53 PM
project m has literally all of those things that you mentioned
new characters?

strongbad

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on December 09, 2013, 09:20:28 PM
new characters?

new to brawl
and there are more character slots that will be filled before final release
so eventually it will have brand new characters

TooB

Quote from: udderfailure on December 09, 2013, 09:24:30 PM
new to brawl
megaman?

Patrick Stickles

people are only excited for megaman ever
What the fuck was it for anyway?

YPrrrr

Hiro

Quote from: udderfailure on December 09, 2013, 09:24:30 PM
new to brawl
when it does have actual new character that will be cool, but melee  characters don't count, plus I thought you said this was a new game, not brawl?
Also none of those new levels in that video were more than new layouts of the same levels, I'm talking actual new locations, possibly with new elements involved. And new graphics???

strongbad

silvertone

can project m make a super smash bros mmo

Hiro

played it, didn't really notice any move changes (couldn't figure out that new kirby move shown in the video even)
it does feel a bit faster an more melee-like, but at times it just felt slippery and floaty anyway
some of the new costumes were nice, would have liked more
don't get why zero suit samus and shiek are their own characters since they still switch back like before
also squirtle doesn't have a final smash which is dumb, and roy's is alright (not very pretty though)
some of the new levels are nice, though skyloft was the only really new one i saw, and that new green hill zone is so damn bland
so overall it's interesting and fun and since it's easy to setup I wouldn't mind playing it if i'm in the mood for ssb, but it's definitely nothing like a new smash bros

Patrick Stickles

it's not a new smash bros, it's just a better brawl

the kirby thing took me a while to figure out, you have to hold b while you change from up to forward

also i didn't know squirtle didnt have a final smash but i dont play with them

also hold r when picking bowser and you can play a match as giga bowser (fun with dry bowser)
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Wrench

Had my friend download this so we can play it at his new year party. This was seriously the greatest thing to ever happen to the Smash series. Everything seemed very smooth and movesets were nicely put together. I especially liked how they added some new costumes to the characters. Though I didn't play as him, Mewtwo from Pokemon the Movie was awesome.

Overall, we all had a blast playing it and look forward to more gatherings. "New" characters were fun to play as again and the Training stage was hilarious since you could only win by smashing to the sky or to the right.

Go Up