September 28, 2024, 03:48:54 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

lets plays

Started by strongbad, November 17, 2013, 06:54:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

i do not understand the appeal behind these at all. i presume that it can be similar to listening to podcasts, but idk maybe it's because i've always been more into playing videogames than watching them, but i just dont get them

tell me why i am wrong and why they are as successful as they are

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

i wholeheartedly agree[/spoiler]

Classic

They're not funny or the least bit entertaining.

silvertone

uh i like watching them when i am stuck in a game. just so i can figure out what to do, works better than a manual. but i wouldn't ever watch a whole game play.

also i like watching some mienkraft ones that zidone link me to get building inspiration. 

Commander Fuckass

only good one was Kaz's
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

only good one is the game bangers

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Snowy

I don't like watching LPs, I'd rather just watch someone stream a game.

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy on November 17, 2013, 07:04:32 PM
I don't like watching LPs, I'd rather just watch someone stream a game.

i don't really understand that either lol
unless they are showcasing gameplay that shows off technical prowess or something

Geno

Quote from: udderfailure on November 17, 2013, 06:54:30 PM
i've always been more into playing videogames than watching them, but i just dont get them
There you go right there. I enjoy watching other people play video games. Always have. Let's Plays just keep me entertained. There's really nothing else to it.

Quote from: Fuck on November 17, 2013, 07:00:40 PM
only good one is the game bangers
Fuck those guys.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Snowy

Quote from: udderfailure on November 17, 2013, 07:06:15 PM
i don't really understand that either lol
unless they are showcasing gameplay that shows off technical prowess or something
I usually watch them if it's a new game or something so I can see if I'd like it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: silvertone on November 17, 2013, 06:59:34 PM
uh i like watching them when i am stuck in a game. just so i can figure out what to do, works better than a manual. but i wouldn't ever watch a whole game play.
this is the only reason ever

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ME##

Quote from: udderfailure on November 17, 2013, 06:54:30 PM
i presume that it can be similar to listening to podcasts
don't be hatin' on podcasts now

don't let's

November 17, 2013, 07:30:56 PM #13 Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:13:08 PM by Far Beyond Repair
Basically just like watching any other form of entertainment.

Also, LPs generally aren't really any different from watching streams. (Other than being prerecorded vs live.)

strongbad

Quote from: David on November 17, 2013, 07:18:43 PM
don't be hatin' on podcasts now

i like podcasts, but that isn't the point that i'm getting at
a lot of times podcasts can be entertaining because all the hosts have enjoyable banter with eachother or whatnot, which can be unrelated to the subject matter
i feel like lets plays can probably have a similar appeal

Go Up