Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

Hiro

Am I the only one that thinks Yoshi's New Island looks pretty nice visually? The only thing holding it  back is the screen resolution.

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 18, 2013, 03:11:49 PM
they should either go for an entirely new aesthetic loosely based off the snes originals
uh, that's what they did. instead of the crayon/watercolor look they're going for more of a oil paint/clay-looking style.

Oh, and you all forgot the new Chibi-Robo:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0IbL5f6HQs[/youtube]

I fucking loved the original so I'm def. buying this

Kalahari Inkantation

i would hardly call the "entirely new" lol

none of these games should look any worse than the snes originals, yet they do

Hiro

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 18, 2013, 06:11:10 PM
i would hardly call the "entirely new" lol

none of these games should look any worse than the snes originals, yet they do
most 3ds games look horrible in youtube videos but pretty decent on the actual system, but also 2D graphics just generally look cleaner than lower-end 3D.

don't let's

Quote from: H/RO on December 18, 2013, 06:09:23 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Yoshi's New Island looks pretty nice visually? The only thing holding it  back is the screen resolution.
I liked most of it, but there were a few elements that looked weird and I thought didn't match up with the rest.

Hiro

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on December 18, 2013, 06:27:04 PM
I liked most of it, but there were a few elements that looked weird and I thought didn't match up with the rest.
yeah i guess i could agree with that somewhat

Thyme

silvertone

Classic

Classic

December 29, 2013, 11:59:28 AM #968 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:52:21 PM by David

It seems Nintendo and Sony had a great Holiday.

Poor Microsoft.  :(

Kalahari Inkantation

and yet m$ is significantly outselling $on¥ in america yet again

sony had exactly one job this generation: to recapture north america, and they're already falling behind akudood;

ME##

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 29, 2013, 02:19:07 PM
and yet m$ is significantly outselling $on¥ in america yet again

sony had exactly one job this generation: to recapture north america, and they're already falling behind akudood;
really?  in the past week i have been to walmart, toys r us, target and best buy.  every single one has had xbones readily available, none has had a single ps4 in stock befuddlement

Kalahari Inkantation

it's the same here

at this point, i feel like that's more of an indication that m$ has done a much better job at allocating their resources in the us than sony has, which i guess makes sense since the xbox has always done much better in america

but yeah the xbone has been consistently outselling the ps4 in north america pretty much since its debut

[spoiler][/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 29, 2013, 02:50:06 PM
it's the same here

at this point, i feel like that's more of an indication that m$ has done a much better job at allocating their resources in the us than sony has, which i guess makes sense since the xbox has always done much better in america

but yeah the xbone has been consistently outselling the ps4 in north america pretty much since its debut

[spoiler][/spoiler]
i think it's because ms can actually allocate most of the xbones product here lol

sony can't gyp europe and not expectr ppl to get pissy

Kalahari Inkantation

that's true, but they can't pay too little attention to america either, since the us is who most game devs tend to cater to which is why the 360 dominated for most of last gen despite being much less popular in the eu and asia

ME##

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 29, 2013, 03:02:05 PM
that's true, but they can't pay too little attention to america either, since the us is who most game devs tend to cater to which is why the 360 dominated for most of last gen despite being much less popular in the eu and asia
yeah that's true.  i think once sony's channels are fully open, we'll see if the ps4 can then go on a sales swoop and make up the rather marginal ground at this point lol

Go Up