Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

bluaki

How do they count handheld game consoles? If you start with Game Boy, this is the 5th generation. If you start with 3D-capable systems (DS and PSP), this is the 2nd. Game Boy Color is an arbitrary starting point, but I wouldn't be surprised if they use it to align with home consoles gaining 3D hardware.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: bluaki on June 27, 2013, 12:06:46 AM
How do they count handheld game consoles? If you start with Game Boy, this is the 5th generation. If you start with 3D-capable systems (DS and PSP), this is the 2nd. Game Boy Color is an arbitrary starting point, but I wouldn't be surprised if they use it to align with home consoles gaining 3D hardware.
its looking like they started with the game and watch, according to wiki.

bluaki

Quote from: N o t S i d on June 27, 2013, 12:25:12 AM
its looking like they started with the game and watch, according to wiki.
I'm sure third-party developers love to call game and watch a gaming system

considering that only Nintendo was making games for it
and it needed a new system for each game

ME##

June 28, 2013, 04:25:14 PM #469 Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:49:44 PM by David
around the 25 minute mark, ps3 development sounds like hell myface;

also, oh god that photoshoped slide he made with kutaragi's [??], some other guy's and his faces on the three musketeers  sillydood;

ME##

ugh, the ps4 better not have obnoxious advertising like this if sony expects me to pay monthly just to fully use it

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on June 28, 2013, 06:38:22 PM
ugh, the ps4 better not have obnoxious advertising like this if sony expects me to pay monthly just to fully use it

seriously

i'm also worried about whether or not sony will continue to offer """free""" rentals of games every month

now that ps+ is mandatory for online play, they don't really have much of an incentive to do that anymore, online play alone would be enough to sell ps+ for them lol awdood;

[spoiler]

not to mention that the ps4 won't have any ancient $10 games at launch that they'd be willing to offer for """free""" anyway[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on June 28, 2013, 06:57:39 PM
seriously

i'm also worried about whether or not sony will continue to offer """free""" rentals of games every month

now that ps+ is mandatory for online play, they don't really have much of an incentive to do that anymore, online play alone would be enough to sell ps+ for them lol awdood;

[spoiler]

not to mention that the ps4 won't have any ancient $10 games at launch that they'd be willing to offer for """free""" anyway[/spoiler]
If I recall, DriveClub will be 'free' at least so far with PS+.  But, it's not the 'full' version.

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

and speaking of driveclub, why on earth am i seeing sony stylizing it as #DRIVECLUB everywhere rofl

that might be even more obnoxious than the ps3's original PLAYSTATION®3 System stylization lol

don't let's

Quote from: #rektron on June 28, 2013, 07:17:17 PM
i only have comments silver awdood;
I almost made that a capital G for that very reason when posting that but decided it was too much trouble to change it on my phone

Thyme

Quote from: #rektron on June 28, 2013, 07:21:04 PM
and speaking of driveclub, why on earth am i seeing sony stylizing it as #DRIVECLUB everywhere rofl

that might be even more obnoxious than the ps3's original PLAYSTATION®3 System stylization lol

#YOLOSWAG

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on June 28, 2013, 07:21:04 PM

sony likes yelling

Go Up