September 29, 2024, 12:26:59 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash 4 Discussion Thread (Join our weekly SMASH!)

Started by strongbad, May 31, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Favorite Character?

Fox
1 (33.3%)
Link
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Hiro

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on May 25, 2014, 12:36:08 AM
ike's alright. not a bad character tho he was op as frick frack.

hopefully we dont get wolf back. let that shitdick burn
mechanics-wise he was fine but as a character just fuck ike
why the hell are they still using the shitty protagonist from the shitty gamecube fire emblem game

Hiro

strongbad

Samus Aran

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

strongbad

Hiro

Quote from: udderfailure on May 26, 2014, 01:11:13 PM
Quote from: Presea Combatir on May 26, 2014, 12:55:23 PM
who cares

Just sayin' since hiro is a pm hater
what no i'm not lmao, i have it and showed it to my cousins and they love it
but also it's been crashing for me the last few times i've played it
but also project m didn't invent alternate costumes

strongbad

it did for the smash series (okay maybe they did it with peach/daisy but that is really just recoloring)
but that's cool i'm glad you like it

yeah the hackless boot method has been the most unreliable in my experience
i have brawl on a flash drive and boot directly to pm using a usb loader and i have never had any problems with that

bluaki

Quote from: udderfailure on May 26, 2014, 01:37:20 PM
it did for the smash series (okay maybe they did it with peach/daisy but that is really just recoloring)
Brawl has two costumes for Wario: WarioWare and overalls.

but that's the only alt costume they have; Project M adds a lot with Dr Mario, Dry Bowser, Outset Toon Link, pajama Ness, Boxing DK, Shadow Queen Peach, Armored Mewtwo, Melee-style Fox/Falco, etc.

Only a small few of those have any hope of ever being in a real Smash Bros game.

strongbad

Quote from: bluaki on May 26, 2014, 01:50:12 PM

good call. kind of strange how wario is randomly the only character with any kind of alt costume in brawl. maybe we'll see more in smash 4

alt costumes are cool

bluaki

Quote from: udderfailure on May 27, 2014, 12:10:29 AM
Quote from: bluaki on May 26, 2014, 01:50:12 PM

good call. kind of strange how wario is randomly the only character with any kind of alt costume in brawl. maybe we'll see more in smash 4

alt costumes are cool
Wario's choice of costume is fairly important: he's a fairly notable character in both Mario and WarioWare games, so it's worth including outfits from both. For all other characters with alt costumes in Project M, those outfits are either similar-looking classic variants or very much less significant in the respective games than their main outfit.

I don't think anything like that applies to any other character in Brawl. Maybe Pokemon Trainer could've had alts of other trainers besides Red? But that wouldn't make sense because that alt would only change the trainer's appearance, not his Pokémon, and also most other trainers (except Leaf) wouldn't be using Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard.

Do the hats on Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pichu count as alt costumes? They are indeed different models rather than the recolored textures most other characters get, but unlike the other costumes in Brawl and Project M, they share the same pose in the character selection screen as the default appearance and it's more of a bonus accessory.

It's already confirmed that at least two more characters are getting alt costumes in SSB4:
Wii Fit Trainer has both male and female variants
Villager has four (or more?) variants, half male and half female

They're both newcomers, so who knows whether they'll go back to any returning fighters (like Mario) and add any new alt costumes (like Dr. Mario)

Samus Aran

apparently characters visibly let off steam when they're heavily damaged

that's so fucking dumb

YPrrrr

Quote from: Presea Combatir on May 28, 2014, 01:05:14 PM

that's so fucking dumb
would be better if they flashed like old school arcade bosses

But yeah still dumb how hard is it to look at health %

strongbad

Quote from: Presea Combatir on May 28, 2014, 01:05:14 PM