September 29, 2024, 06:23:49 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash 4 Discussion Thread (Join our weekly SMASH!)

Started by strongbad, May 31, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Favorite Character?

Fox
1 (33.3%)
Link
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

Samus Aran

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

silvertone

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

TooB

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on December 18, 2013, 09:53:33 AM
rosalina confirmed
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Notably, it's not just Rosalina, but Rosalina and Luma. The way she uses Luma looks like a bit of a mix between Ice Climbers' Nana and Olimar's Pikmin. She only uses one Luma at a time, the Luma can attack on its own, she has some attacks that involve both characters acting together, and if the Luma dies I think she can summon another one which sometimes has a different color.

Kalahari Inkantation

Hiro

she looks like ness and ice climbers combined

bluaki

December 27, 2013, 02:47:45 AM #220 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:53:58 AM by bluaki
This week, Zelda was confirmed to return because of ALBW's Japanese launch. Her design remains the same TP-based one as in Brawl.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Notably, we don't yet know if she's keeping the Sheik transformation or if Sheik is returning at all. Zero Suit Samus is in the same situation.

Excluding transformations, Nana (who you don't exactly control), and Jigglypuff (who isn't necessarily female), every female Smash fighter is now confirmed to return in SSB4.

Two of the four confirmed newcomers are also female.

Right now, the roster is at 20 characters:
[spoiler]Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Donkey Kong
Olimar
Marth
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Samus
Pit
Sonic
Mega Man[/spoiler]

19 Brawl characters have not yet been confirmed to return:
[spoiler]
Diddy
Yoshi
Wario
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
ROB
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Ike
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake[/spoiler]

None of the 5 Melee fighters removed from Brawl are confirmed to return:
[spoiler]Mewtwo
Pichu
Dr. Mario
Roy
Young Link (Toon Link is kinda the same character?)[/spoiler]

Among the returning fighters and stages, 6 previous franchises are still absent:
[spoiler]Mother/Earthbound
Ice Climbers
Wario
F-Zero
Nintendo Hardware (ROB, G&W)
Metal Gear (I doubt it'll return)[/spoiler]

Because character announcements have mostly been done alongside game releases, I think some upcoming chances include:
DKC Tropical Freeze: Diddy
Yoshi's New Island: Yoshi
Kirby Triple Deluxe: Dedede or Meta Knight (I feel like Dedede is more likely)
Mario Kart 8: Wario or Yoshi

Samus Aran

if they add waluigi i'm offing myself

bluaki

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on December 27, 2013, 04:04:03 AM
if they add waluigi i'm offing myself
I didn't mention Waluigi confuseddood;

I think Waluigi and Daisy are the least likely potential characters I see people request. The main Mario series (even excluding Wario, Yoshi, and DK) already had more fighters than any other series and just got its first new representative since Melee. Even if they were to add a 6th, before Waluigi, I'd sooner expect Toad, Baby Mario, or one of the many different partners, enemies, and bosses throughout the history of Mario platforming and RPG games. Although Wario has his own series, Waluigi doesn't even appear in it.

Classic

With Earthbound having a proper re-release internationally I wouldn't be surprised to see Ness and Lucas return with some new stages as well.

YPrrrr

Ness is definitely going to be back. They're not going to scrap a popular charactertthat's been in everyinstallment to date. Same with captain falcon. Jigglypuff might not since she lacks the popularity but she probably will and i like her because she's constantly underestimated

Go Up