October 06, 2024, 04:23:36 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What should i do with my life/car

Started by YPrrrr, January 15, 2013, 01:27:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Help

Keep car, get engine; all parts are up to code minus the engine
2 (25%)
Take chance on new used car not knowing its full history and hidden damages
2 (25%)
Scrap car, wait until later in life when a car is more easily affordable but lose out on freedom of movement
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

YPrrrr

Okay so as some of you may be aware I am currently in Florida and my cars engine has seized because the quick lube place I took the car to fucked up my oil change. Good lesson to learn to change my own oil i suppose. Anyway so I am now left with 3 options: replace the engine, which will probably run about 3000 bucks; buy a new used car; or scrap the car and shove having a car again off until later. It would be nice to have a car but I don't necessarily need one at this point. I am concerned about graduating grad school next year and having to pay off both an engine and student loans at the same time potentially.

So as is tradition, I leave an extremely important life decisions you,  boyah.

snoorkel

sell the car for whatever it's worth and buy a cheap used car that you could even sell again later. its florida how bad can it be

snoorkel

YPrrrr

If I sell the car I will probably get like 300 bucks. Which is alright but it won't really make up for much. There are currently cars available on craigslist for 1800 and up claiming good condition but that's really kind of playing with fire a bit to trust that to get me 2000 miles back to Wisconsin

ME##

??????

sell and buy a cheapo car
my friend told me that car repairists sometimes fuck with your car so you can come back at another time  giggle;

strongbad

sell it and buy a used road bike
then have an awesome bike adventure back to wisconson that you will never forget

??????

Quote from: ilovesloths on January 15, 2013, 04:16:25 PM
sell it and buy a used road bike
then have an awesome bike adventure back to wisconson that you will never forget
lol you're so white
>implying you can bring friends, fuck, or drink while you're driving on a bike

Classic

Where the Move to Texas and be happy with Tyler option?  :(

FAMY2

How old is the car? How many miles? Yeah that sucks. I wouldn't put 3 grand into a car if it wasn't 100% fine in every other aspect. Like transmission and all.

silvertone

get rid of the car, don't buy a new one. walk everywhere, gain the endurance of the bears and live in the everglades.

YPrrrr

Quote from: FAMY2 on January 15, 2013, 04:41:23 PM
How old is the car? How many miles? Yeah that sucks. I wouldn't put 3 grand into a car if it wasn't 100% fine in every other aspect. Like transmission and all.
2001, almost 300k miles on it. Idk it was supposed to be all up to code but clearly something was wrong since I just changed the oil and itseized
Quote from: ClassicTyler link=topic=61234.msg130573
9#msg1305739 date=1358296006

Where the Move to Texas and be happy with Tyler option?  :(
How would I get there :(

Classic

I get paid Sunday. I'll come get ya.  n_u

strongbad

Quote from: Clucky on January 15, 2013, 04:18:56 PM
lol you're so white
>implying you can bring friends, fuck, or drink while you're driving on a bike

you can bike with friends which is a lot more fun than driving with friends
and fucking in cars sucks
and i love to drink and bike

Mando Pandango

File a small claims suit against the people who changed your oil for fucking your car over
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up