September 27, 2024, 02:32:26 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

go out and vote

Started by ncba93ivyase, November 06, 2012, 02:07:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

vote

i voted
13 (72.2%)
i don't vote
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Go Down

Nyerp

look at this poll, fucking pathetic

ME##

Travis

??????

didn't vote cause i'm gay
and because it's obvious ny was going for obama
and because i didn't feel like being in line for more than 6 minutes (took everyone else an hour or so)

Mando Pandango

Eh those are sorta acceptable excuses i guess

Couldn't you have gotten a mail-in ballot or smth
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

??????

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on November 06, 2012, 09:26:50 PM
Eh those are sorta acceptable excuses i guess

Couldn't you have gotten a mail-in ballot or smth
i didn't even know those existed :'(
i would have gone that route

also i didn't know how my nj-history could have affected voting
i'm too disinterested to find out on myself and want someone to give me a reductionistic answer

NOA_Haunted

I didn't vote because I didn't feel that Obama or Romney were suitable candidates for the Presidential throne. If you were not voting for them they're was no real reason to vote.

Also, anyone who believes that voting will cause any significant change in our country is a moron. If the American citizen wasn't so conditioned to not revolt and think living in a police state is alright. A bigger change would of happened if our generation didn't vote and marched to the Capital and petition for real change.

For fuck's sake, we are a laughing stock of the rest of the world... We don't stand up for ourselves at all.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on November 06, 2012, 09:58:30 PM
I didn't vote because I didn't feel that Obama or Romney were suitable candidates for the Presidential throne. If you were not voting for them they're was no real reason to vote.

QuoteWe don't stand up for ourselves at all.
lmao
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on November 06, 2012, 10:00:25 PM
Quote from: xXTheHaunted on November 06, 2012, 09:58:30 PM

QuoteWe don't stand up for ourselves at all.
lmao

I also live in a very Democratic State and knew Osama, oops I mean Obama already had us.

Mando Pandango

Clever osama joke

Also if that's the case then you might as well vote for your third party candidate of choice (like I did). If any candidate gets 5% of the popular vote and also run in the next election, they get automatic inclusion on all ballots nationally, and access to federal campaign funding.

Also, someone on facebook put it really well.

QuoteAlright folks, today's the day. And if you're thinking that abstaining from voting makes you seem wizened and realistic, and your neutrality makes you worldly, I must inform you that it does not. It makes you seem like an obstinate and cynical child who, when given choices that he does not like, simply crosses his arms, stamps his foot, and screams "NO! NONE OF THEM!" By abstaining from voting, you are saying that you have not done sufficient research to make an informed decision in your best interests. There is a wealth of information available for you at the click of a google, so don't be a citizen on a temper tantrum. Influence your governance. Vote.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on November 06, 2012, 10:10:56 PM
Clever osama joke

Also if that's the case then you might as well vote for your third party candidate of choice (like I did). If any candidate gets 5% of the popular vote and also run in the next election, they get automatic inclusion on all ballots nationally, and access to federal campaign funding.

Also, someone on facebook put it really well.

QuoteAlright folks, today's the day. And if you're thinking that abstaining from voting makes you seem wizened and realistic, and your neutrality makes you worldly, I must inform you that it does not. It makes you seem like an obstinate and cynical child who, when given choices that he does not like, simply crosses his arms, stamps his foot, and screams "NO! NONE OF THEM!" By abstaining from voting, you are saying that you have not done sufficient research to make an informed decision in your best interests. There is a wealth of information available for you at the click of a google, so don't be a citizen on a temper tantrum. Influence your governance. Vote.

That's very swell and I enjoyed that. But, I would of voted Libertarian and do you possibly believe a anyone that is not a Democrate or Republican will win?

Majority only sees Red & Blue, and sadly it will always come down to only 2 candidates just because of their party names.

If Ron Paul didn't get trumped by Mitt I would of totally been at the polls today.

Mando Pandango

Oh cool, I'm talking at a wall.

Nice.

NOA_Haunted

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ron paul is a crazy racist tho

Mando Pandango

I laughed

Anyway to address your point, I'd say that this election, no I wouldn't. It was clearly going to Obama or Romney. But parties have risen and fallen in the past. The first step to changing the options we're given is making people aware of all of their options. I didn't really vote for Johnson, I voted for Johnson awareness. By edging him towards that 5%, I was voting to give him a much better shot in the future.

I'd like to see our elections be evenly split by as many parties as it takes to adequately represent all of America's viewpoints, and by voting third party I feel like I'm helping, even if very slightly and gradually, to that end.

That whole "standing up for ourselves" thing? That's not accomplished by abstaining from voting. It's accomplished by voting for a candidate you believe in.

Clinton 2016

Go Up