September 28, 2024, 04:25:32 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i accidently just bought a baller alarm clock

Started by strongbad, November 01, 2012, 04:39:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

check dis out:
http://www.now-zen.com/Digital_Zen_Alarm_Clock.html

one of the walnut ones

i went to a flea market today and i asked this guy what it was, and he was like an alarm clock idk if it works. i was gonna buy it since it looked cool but i had no cash. so he gave it to me for free lol

itt be jealous of my new clock

BONUS DISCUSSION QUESTION: Do any of you not use your phone as an alarm?

me003

Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Mando Pandango

I've got one of those old school alarm clocks with the two bells on top. Shit is loud.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

NOA_Haunted

This is my alarm clock, and it is way cooler than yours.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mando Pandango

I don't know, the alarm app on the new Droids kind of sucks. Before it was basically tap anywhere on the screen for snooze, and it was much harder to turn off completely. Now the two are pretty much the same size buttons just in the middle of the screen, so it's too easy to accidentally turn off instead of snooze while in a sleep-drunk stupor.

My two cents.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Snowy

I use a little clock-radio as an alarm. It's not bad.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on November 01, 2012, 06:44:28 PM
I don't know, the alarm app on the new Droids kind of sucks. Before it was basically tap anywhere on the screen for snooze, and it was much harder to turn off completely. Now the two are pretty much the same size buttons just in the middle of the screen, so it's too easy to accidentally turn off instead of snooze while in a sleep-drunk stupor.

My two cents.
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure most Droids have different alarms. My phone just upgraded to a version of 'Ice Cream Sandwich' and my alarm is perfectly fine.

Mando Pandango

I don't know man it was fine before I got frozen sandwich treat'd.

bluaki

My two cents.
I don't remember what it was like a year ago before I got the 4.0 update, but I have the same problem with the way it is now.

my half-awake alarm clock response flailing is terrible myface;

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on November 02, 2012, 12:00:58 AM

My two cents.
I don't remember what it was like a year ago before I got the 4.0 update, but I have the same problem with the way it is now.

you should get alarm clock xtreme, definitely the best alarm clock app

[spoiler]also i'm still on 2.3  >.<[/spoiler]

LCK

so it works and you got if for free??
how does it sound? the hardest part for an alarm is finding something thats not god awfully annoying

YPrrrr

Quote from: Trevor on November 02, 2012, 07:49:29 AM
how does it sound? the hardest part for an alarm is finding something thats not god awfully annoying
I think just about anything will get annoying once it wakes you up enough times n_u

strongbad

Quote from: Trevor on November 02, 2012, 07:49:29 AM

to be fair he gave it to me and said that if it worked, i should come back and give him $3.50 (which i did), since i had no cash at the time

but yeah it sounds really nice. bell that sounds is natural sounding (way better than a beep or something) and i like the interval setting (goes off, then goes off again in 3.5 minutes, then again in 2 minutes, etc etc until it is going off every 5 seconds).

bluaki

November 02, 2012, 05:11:32 PM #13 Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:17:31 PM by bluaki
More directly related to the topic: because I didn't have a cell phone until June 2011, I used physical alarm clocks before then. Even if I don't use them for an alarm, they're useful for being a lit time display to leave around the house. I actually wouldn't want the alarm clock strongbad linked because it's unlit.

Quote from: Snack Dad on November 02, 2012, 04:08:46 AM

My two cents.

[spoiler]also i'm still on 2.3  >.<[/spoiler]
Apparently Android 4.2 (which I'll probably get within a few weeks) has an entirely revamped Clock app with quite a few new features. Its alarm snooze/disable interface will probably be better too, but if it's not, I'll try that.

strongbad

Quote from: bluaki on November 02, 2012, 05:11:32 PM
More directly related to the topic: because I didn't have a cell phone until June 2011, I used physical alarm clocks before then. Even if I don't use them for an alarm, they're useful for being a lit time display to leave around the house. I actually wouldn't want the alarm clock strongbad linked because it's unlit.

Quote from: Snack Dad on November 02, 2012, 04:08:46 AM

My two cents.

[spoiler]also i'm still on 2.3  >.<[/spoiler]
Apparently Android 4.2 (which I'll probably get within a few weeks) has an entirely revamped Clock app with quite a few new features. Its alarm snooze/disable interface will probably be better too, but if it's not, I'll try that.

it has a backlight

Go Up