September 29, 2024, 04:16:33 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I wrote a song in my dreams last night

Started by Mando Pandango, October 21, 2012, 06:35:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

This actually happens somewhat often. In my dreams, I'll be listening to, or playing, or watching someone else play a song, and I'll really be enjoying it. When I wake up, I realize it's not a song that I know, and I'll remember enough of it for a time.

This morning is the first time I've remembered it long enough to play it and figure it out, in order to cement it into my memory. I only remember the most basic aspects of it, though I think I can expand on it in my own way.

The sad part is that I know it will never be as good as I heard it in my dream. It crescendoed beautifully across the entire song, and more and more instruments came in towards the end. It sounded really sad, but hopeful. It was a fantastic song. And I can barely remember any of it.

[spoiler]The Beatles' "Yesterday" was initially dreamed by Paul McCartney. Freddie Mercury used a piano as the headboard of his bed for cases like this.

Cool stuff.[/spoiler]
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

cant be that good if you cant even remember it

Mando Pandango

Quote from: gumy on October 21, 2012, 07:44:46 PM
cant be that good if you cant even remember it
Haven't you ever had a wonderful, blissful dream that stays just on the fringes of your memory once you wake up? Slowly fading with time, until all you can remember is the feeling it gave you, and not the dream itself.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

?????

I had a wet dream last night, but I couldn't remember what the dream was. It was also weird having to change without my roommate noticing the giant cum splatter on me. True story.
Die for Dethklok

Nyerp

was it a musical wet dream

what does that have to do with this thread

also >having wet dreams

?????

I don't know; I can't remember it.

I can't remember my dreams either.

I don't know what to say.
Die for Dethklok

Classic

That's awesome. Have a writing pad next to you when you wake up.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: ClassicTyler on October 21, 2012, 10:22:47 PM
I don't have perfect pitch, so I can't just think of a melody and write it to paper immediately. I need some sort of instrument with me to work it out.

Unless you mean as a dream journal, which I've heard works wonders helping with dream recall.

??????

i have that sometimes when i'm awake
my consciousness would slip and i would randomly start to hear music that's coming from my head
almost in all cases it's been very beautiful music
but only lasted less than 10 seconds ;{

Classic

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on October 21, 2012, 11:09:41 PM
Quote from: ClassicTyler on October 21, 2012, 10:22:47 PM

Unless you mean as a dream journal, which I've heard works wonders helping with dream recall.

Yeah, that. It will help tremendously.

silvertone

Quote from: Clucky on October 22, 2012, 01:22:27 AM
i have that sometimes when i'm awake
my consciousness would slip and i would randomly start to hear music that's coming from my head
almost in all cases it's been very beautiful music
but only lasted less than 10 seconds ;{

in between awake and sleep is normally where i get most of my music ideas.  dream music tend to be too elaborate and already done. (zzzz) whatever inbetween sleep and awake is called only gives me bits and pieces to arrange together. Much Better Mefod Imo

me003

once i was working on a beat, and I had already started this beat the day before, but i kept working on it and it soon transformed into a different song, and right when I got to one point of adding in a new synth I suddenly remembered it was familiar and I had made this beat in a dream earlier that week, and it was the most amazing moment. It made the beat feel extremely special, and now when I listen to it I don't get that feeling, and it's not the same as it was in my dream, but I'll never forget that this beat came threw me twice and it made me question realities and dreams. Never had another experience like it.

I'm actually going to listen to it now. I made it in late July.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up