September 29, 2024, 12:35:45 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Heady

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, October 14, 2012, 10:04:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

It’s been happening for a week now but I think I’ve noticed it before that and now it’s grown into this sharp little auger drilling holes and scooping out sanity like pulp out of pumpkins.
Are you exaggerating?
Probably.

It’s this kind of tired digital sound, something you’d hear from a dying novelty watch or one of those old nineties handhelds. See figure A.

Fig A.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

It’s just loud enough to hear in a quiet room. When you do hear it, it comes from every direction and it only plays long enough to get a vague idea of where it came from. It’s sporadic and unpredictable, that’s what makes it deadly. One time it’ll play three or four times in a row and then I’ll be sure I can find it only it stops when I stand. So I’ll wait for it to play again and a minute or four passes and it still stays quiet so I’ll sit back down and put pen to paper again or finger to keyboard and get locked in to a thought and then it plays again, shattering said thought (and I don’t have many good ones these days anymore. They’re like gold).

It plays the beginning eight notes of Auld Lang Syne (commonly associated with American New Years(See Figure B) and “It’s a Wonderful Life” and quits. (See Figure B2)

Fig B1.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fig B2.
[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AItlCyEX9nc&feature=related[/youtube][/spoiler]

I’ve flipped over couch cushions. Emptied drawers. Unplugged appliances. Plugged in appliances. Plugged in half my appliances. Put my ear to the floor, wall (was going to try the ceiling). Sobbed. Swore. Overreacted.

The thing is, it’s to the point where it completely disrupts everything. I catch that opening strain and it strains and strains.
Put in earplugs. My brain’s white noise is terrifying. Can’t think.
Put on headphones with rain sounds: Eventually it gathers and drips and puddles and distracts me.
Find the source: I’m trying.

You have heard the expression “making a mountain out of a molehill” and this is what I have done.

I’ve had people sit down in my living room, in my kitchen, listening for it. But even the quietest comment between seems to override it. Hear a noise, cup your ears and scramble towards it. I’ve been accused of making the whole thing up or hearing things that can’t be there but I made people listen. I’m not crazy.

Whatever it is, it’s a contaminant, the tiniest spore that can mutate and kill instantly. It’s the strangest distraction.

I’ll find it.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

that's fucked up man

reminds me of the unbearably loud phantom noises in my head that used to plague my nights from when i was like 18 to around 21

Hiro

something similar has happened to me multiple times in my life but with country music, but after a few days I always realize some shoddy electronic in my room has been picking up radio signals.

Snowy

God, I've had this horrible ringing in my ears for years. I can't ever make it stop and the best I can do is ignore it.

I turn off almost all electronics and I can hear it. I think a big part of it is my TV downstairs, and I'm not really hearing it, just remembering the sound.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Rumia on October 14, 2012, 11:56:35 PM
that's fucked up man

reminds me of the unbearably loud phantom noises in my head that used to plague my nights from when i was like 18 to around 21
i think that happened to me once when i took dxm and sudafed
I love [you]

FAMY2

I had some people over the other day and out of the blue a guy goes, "I like that music it's soothing like rain or ocean waves. What is it?".  My friends looked at me and burst out laughing cause it was my Wii on the menu page.  awdood; When they told him he said, "Oh you are one of those gamers?". HA HA HA gaming on a Wii.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I think it's dying, so that's a relief. Maybe nature will take care of itself.
Seems to be missing that eighth note here and there.
At least I know it's not supernatural or anything. Or maybe my head's just degrading along with it.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 15, 2012, 05:46:02 AM
I had some people over the other day and out of the blue a guy goes, "I like that music it's soothing like rain or ocean waves. What is it?".  My friends looked at me and burst out laughing cause it was my Wii on the menu page.  awdood; When they told him he said, "Oh you are one of those gamers?". HA HA HA gaming on a Wii.
you had guys over and i wasn't invited?

R U D E
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Socks

The other day I had to put down my windows while driving because the ringing in my head was unberable. I could no longer ignore it or pretend it wasn't real. Somehow the closed environment of a car cabin amplified it to extreme. It never fully went away, but then again maybe I shouldn't have been driving high and drunk while on three hours of sleep.

FAMY2

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on October 15, 2012, 02:50:30 PM
Quote from: FAMY2 on October 15, 2012, 05:46:02 AM
you had guys over and i wasn't invited?

R U D E

They weren't the kind of guys that appreciate Boyah, gaming or anything fun. 

Mando Pandango

Then ditch those losers.

FAMY2

Mando Pandango

Alright babe let's blow this joint.

~Rides off into the sunset.~

FAMY2

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on October 15, 2012, 04:28:25 PM
Alright babe let's blow this joint.

~Rides off into the sunset.~

if only.  giggle;

Go Up