July 01, 2024, 12:52:34 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

HOW DO you feel about handhelds.

Started by me003, June 30, 2012, 10:01:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

??????

Quote from: Patsy Stone on July 01, 2012, 09:14:59 PM
you are a degenerate anyway so there's not much to lose
there's not much to lose because literally every handheld would consume me whole

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Clucky on July 02, 2012, 06:16:09 AM
there's not much to lose because literally every handheld would consume me whole
that's a good thing
I love [you]

??????

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Hiro

the gba is by far the best handheld, the ds was pretty solid and the psp seemed alright, but the 3ds and vita don't seem to interesting
i'm losing interest in newer handhelds but gaining interest in the older ones

Quote from: Clucky on June 30, 2012, 11:55:36 PM
theyre ugly
and clunky

where the hell am i supposed to place them

gameboy micro motherfucker
i want a gameboy micro so god damn much

??????

Quote from: á¹,ḭṨṡ ÊṿỉḼ on July 03, 2012, 02:12:15 AM
the gba is by far the best handheld, the ds was pretty solid and the psp seemed alright, but the 3ds and vita don't seem to interesting
i'm losing interest in newer handhelds but gaining interest in the older ones
gameboy micro motherfucker
i want a gameboy micro so god damn much
i would just buy the fake knockoff gameboy micro
cause you can add billions of roms to it

TooB

I like handhelds, but only play them primarily at night when Im in my bed and a few hrs from sleeping.
that being said, I was pleasantly surprised with the 3DS. I bought mine by trading in my DS lite at gamestop, which allowed me to purchase a 3DS for 100 bucks. theres not many good games now, but they're coming (KH DDD is one i want). the best thing is that the circle pad actually helps play some old DS games that move in 3D, like the mario 64 port, or Dragon Quest 9, or the other KH games. The 3D also works rather well.

I love my PSP but use it mostly for music, Dissidia 012, and Valkyria Chronicles 2, and my GA SP for GBA and GB/C games, but I do have a GB Player, so I dont use it much.

I have a game gear, but its so hard to see the screen unless your at the EXACT angle.

I also still have my old B/W GB and pull it out when I want to remember how annoying it was to play under a lamp back in the day.

bluaki

During elementary and middle school, I believe most of my bored/free time was away from home, so I played GBA/DS quite a bit, especially for Pokemon.

Since high school, I haven't really had as much use for portability and most of my handheld gaming has been done in my room. Without portability as a concern, I generally prefer playing on a console. Only a couple games can make me appreciate that they were developed for a handheld rather than for a console because of very effectively using something like DS's touch screen in a way that wouldn't adapt as well to other control schemes.

Hiro

Quote from: Clucky on July 03, 2012, 06:51:31 AM
i would just buy the fake knockoff gameboy micro
cause you can add billions of roms to it
what knockoff
also i want a flash cart to go with it anyways

me003

Quote from: feyd666 on July 03, 2012, 09:25:10 AM
I also still have my old B/W GB and pull it out when I want to remember how annoying it was to play under a lamp back in the day.
haha I remember I bought a little flexible light with a spiral cable (ring a bell anyone?) for my game boy color.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

silvertone

Handhelds seemed to make more sense before the ds, back when they had nes-esque graphics and were more affordable. GBA seemed to be the perfect system for RPGs, because it restrained the game from being a movie and more of a book.

adding all these gimmicks ruins the novelty ;[

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: silvertone on July 08, 2012, 06:22:15 AM
Handhelds seemed to make more sense before the ds, back when they had nes-esque graphics and were more affordable. GBA seemed to be the perfect system for RPGs, because it restrained the game from being a movie and more of a book.

adding all these gimmicks ruins the novelty ;[
and the battery life on these new handhelds are just horribad
I love [you]

silvertone

Quote from: Patsy Stone on July 08, 2012, 07:18:35 AM
and the battery life on these new handhelds are just horribad
To be honest i am never too far away from an outlet to be affected.

me003

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am quite proud, I believe this is my first thread to make it to page 2.  doodella;
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Snowy

Quote from: á¹,ḭṨṡ ÊṿỉḼ on July 05, 2012, 08:51:52 PM
what knockoff
also i want a flash cart to go with it anyways
I've heard that the Dingoo works rather well.

Go Up