September 19, 2024, 10:29:01 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

did music get really bad in the mid 70s

Started by silvertone, June 21, 2012, 06:59:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

June 25, 2012, 07:10:59 PM #30 Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:04:32 PM by Rogger
but all those guys were Really Established by then. not really a ~nedw thing~

i believe there was some kind shortage in rock music and since white people were not allowed to like funk and disco because of their dracula-esque opinions on blood lines  they churned out shit core for a few years and then when the punx /rio  hit it started getting good agai n

Samus Aran

if we're talking about new music in the mid 70s then oh god yes rock music was shit lol

it was surviving on already established bands that were still putting out good material

silvertone

Geno

Quote from: Rogger on June 25, 2012, 07:07:08 PM
not giving U zappa
Uh why not? Over-Nite Sensation came out in '73, Apostrophe came out in '74, One Size Fits All and Bongo Fury in '75, and Zoot Allures in '76. Some of his best work in that small time frame.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

All music is all bad all the time.
Who needs the seventies when you have eternity?

silvertone

Quote from: Geno on June 26, 2012, 09:36:10 PM
Uh why not? Over-Nite Sensation came out in '73, Apostrophe came out in '74, One Size Fits All and Bongo Fury in '75, and Zoot Allures in '76. Some of his best work in that small time frame.
all his work is Poop Work   

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

silvertone

I appreciate his talent and it pains me to say his stuff is bad because he is a lot better than most music people, i just don't like his music. he is one of the few people i dont like but respect (stupid thing i kn ow )

Geno

Quote from: Rogger on June 27, 2012, 05:48:15 PM
all his work is Poop Work   
Then your opinion is invalid anyways. Move along people, nothing to see here.
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

YPrrrr

Quote from: Geno on June 27, 2012, 08:56:03 PM
Then your opinion is invalid anyways. Move along people, nothing to see here.
Could've just seen that with the Clash srsly

silvertone

Samus Aran

Geno

snoorkel

Geno

Quote from: vziard on June 28, 2012, 03:40:40 PM
plebs like zappa
Eh. Maybe Hot Rats or Over-nite sensation, but I don't think most of his work appeals to plebs.

Go Up