September 28, 2024, 07:26:13 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Humble Bundle for Android

Started by Hiro, January 31, 2012, 02:19:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 01, 2012, 05:05:16 PM
poor quality software, google's not-giving-a-shit attitude towards hardware vendors, and no support for any sort of updates is more on the fault of the software side

the shitty marketplace is also a software issue

the fact it's doing nothing but trying to play catchup with iOS is a software issue

No hardware can save Android.
The marketplace isn't the OS though. It's an added supplement, not a software issue. Plus your first sentence is also doesn't sound like an OS issue but a problem with the support that Google provides (or doesn't) for it. And "play catchup with iOS", isn't a software issue either that's a support issue. Or maybe a design direction issue too.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Hiroglyph on February 01, 2012, 05:17:02 PM
what phones ever had 10 days of battery life? goonish
but uh yeah basically i disagree with just about everything you said. what phone exactly do you have? my phone is unrooted and mine is pretty damn customized and whatnot.
uh, before the advent of smartphones most phones had battery lives measured in weeks

my previous phone would last two weeks at a time akudood;

and i don't even know the exact kind. it's some lg phone
Quote from: Dead End Moon on February 01, 2012, 05:25:17 PM
The marketplace isn't the OS though. It's an added supplement, not a software issue. Plus your first sentence is also doesn't sound like an OS issue but a problem with the support that Google provides (or doesn't) for it. And "play catchup with iOS", isn't a software issue either that's a support issue. Or maybe a design direction issue too.
That literally leaves nothing to criticize. akudood;

All those things do nothing but piss me off but they're not problems on iOS.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ncba93ivyase

also if the marketplace isn't software then what is it

because it isn't hardware akudood;

it's poorly organized and just a pain in the ass to deal with

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

don't let's

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 01, 2012, 05:29:20 PM
and i don't even know the exact kind. it's some lg phoneThat literally leaves nothing to criticize. akudood;

All those things do nothing but piss me off but they're not problems on iOS.
And that's fine. Those phones also have the same hardware and only one line of hardware to choose form and the OS is custom tailored only for that specific piece of hardware so it stands to reason that they may not have some of the problem that Android phones have. Especially some of the ones that you point out. But hey, you live and you learn. That's why it's a good idea to thoroughly research a product before you buy it so you don't end up with buyers remorse.

(And again, those things you've said are either hardware issues or support issues)

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 01, 2012, 05:30:56 PM
also if the marketplace isn't software then what is it

because it isn't hardware akudood;

it's poorly organized and just a pain in the ass to deal with
It's not an OS issue for sure. Since the Marketplace is a different entity that supplements the OS and provides extra "features" to it. And poor organization is failure from Google to adequate support for the Marketplace. (Also, the Marketplace is a marketplace.)

Hiro

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 01, 2012, 05:29:20 PM
uh, before the advent of smartphones most phones had battery lives measured in weeks

my previous phone would last two weeks at a time akudood;

and i don't even know the exact kind. it's some lg phone
i don't know how true that is, maybe for a few phones but I actually have a normal phone right now and it lasts me about a week at most if i'm not using it all that much. it's certainly better, but it's not a handheld computer either (technically it is but you get the point) my mom's phone lasts her about a day, if that. this isn't just that phone either; the past 3 phones she's had have had awful battery life

also lg makes absolutely garbage android phones

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Hiroglyph on February 01, 2012, 05:57:09 PM
also lg makes absolutely garbage android phones
you apparently can't get a decent android phone unless you're willing to pay double the price of an iphone

at that point, just buy an iphone and get better software support akudood;

Hiro

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 01, 2012, 06:03:09 PM
you apparently can't get a decent android phone unless you're willing to pay double the price of an iphone

at that point, just buy an iphone and get better software support akudood;
well it depends on what iphone you're getting. 4s? you can get a better android phone for cheaper. The $100 iphone 4? yeah, that will be a better deal in most cases.
but seriously, lg smartphones are shit.

strongbad

honestly, you just sound like an under-appreciative fuck

they're rad phones  bassir;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MF Doom on February 01, 2012, 07:24:01 PM
honestly, you just sound like an under-appreciative fuck
stop with this fucking argument

why eat meat when you can just eat rice you unappreciative fuck

why get a job in a first world country when you could work in a sweatshop you unappreciative fuck

having been able to compare android with the alternatives, i'm pretty confident in my opinion that it's utter shit. i'm not unappreciative--i'm just criticizing it for being terribly designed akudood;

strongbad

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 01, 2012, 09:26:29 PM
stop with this fucking argument

why eat meat when you can just eat rice you unappreciative fuck

why get a job in a first world country when you could work in a sweatshop you unappreciative fuck

having been able to compare android with the alternatives, i'm pretty confident in my opinion that it's utter shit. i'm not unappreciative--i'm just criticizing it for being terribly designed akudood;

utter shit =/= poor design

bluaki

I'm not all that fond of Android either and agree with many of those complaints about it, but I still prefer it to the alternatives

Smartphone or not, I haven't seen any phone last more than a couple days on battery; my mom's previous simple phone lasted maybe 3 days between charges. For my phone, if I don't use it much, cell standby consumes a vast majority of the battery power. When I do use it, the vast majority of my battery power usage shifts to display even at lowest brightness setting. Only when I use things like GPS or tethering do apps or Android-related things even have an effect of at least 20% or so. Regardless, thanks to the display, a few hours is the best I can get of active use and I've run out on some days where I was particularly bored. Left idle, I think I've lasted 3 days between charges before on my Nexus S.

I don't pay all that much attention to my battery meter, so that all might not be completely accurate, but that's what I feel like I tend to see. I don't really run things like games or videos much and usually stick to browsing, ssh, email, and occasionally IRC.

ncba93ivyase

Nate

I have an android phone, lasts a day and a half with 3G on 24/7 and moderate usage, and honestly that's all I need out of it. It works wonderful and I haven't had a single problem with it.

I have an iPod Touch and I don't like how I'm not able to customize it or anything to my liking. But this argument between mobile OS's is just inane in the first place, it's all down to user preference.

Go Up