September 28, 2024, 07:25:50 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Humble Bundle for Android

Started by Hiro, January 31, 2012, 02:19:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

http://www.humblebundle.com/

I kind of want it, but it's only 3 games unless you pay above the average in which case you just get world of goo, which I already have. I also already have osmos from a previous bundle, but maybe the android version would be a bit more fun. Anomaly looks pretty interesting, and EDGE looks super fun.

Yeah I guess I'll just spend a dollar on it, I have money now and I don't really care about getting world of goo on my phone. thumbup;

strongbad

Wish I could run games on my g1 lol

ncba93ivyase

only game i don't have is edge

also, android phones are always shit with battery life and i don't want to make it even worse akudood;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on January 31, 2012, 03:05:00 PM
only game i don't have is edge

also, android phones are always shit with battery life and i don't want to make it even worse akudood;
oh and it's actually 2 different editions of edge
but yeah my battery life is pretty decent now

strongbad

my g1 has a kickass battery life (two full days if i have to) but that's because i dont have a data plan lol

Hiro

Quote from: MF Doom on January 31, 2012, 05:55:47 PM
my g1 has a kickass battery life (two full days if i have to) but that's because i dont have a data plan lol
yeah mine's like that as well because i don't have a data plan but when I did it still lasted like 8 hours which is alright

strongbad

Quote from: Hiroglyph on January 31, 2012, 06:06:01 PM
yeah mine's like that as well because i don't have a data plan but when I did it still lasted like 8 hours which is alright

dude i was skeptical getting an android without a data plan, but i really dig the mobile OS regardless. especially considering there is available wifi in the majority of the places i am lol

Cosmic Ada

All of these games work and look great on my phone. This Humble Bundle is awesome.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MF Doom on January 31, 2012, 05:55:47 PM
>two days
>good

I remember when 10 days of battery life was "bad." goonish

I hate having to charge my phone and I only get 4.5 days with 3G switched off, and about 3 with it on. Playing games brings it down to a day.
Quote from: MF Doom on January 31, 2012, 06:11:28 PMbut i really dig the mobile OS regardless.
how the hell can you seriously like android goonish

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Cosmic Ada

strongbad

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 01, 2012, 08:07:21 AM
>two days
>good

I remember when 10 days of battery life was "bad." goonish

I hate having to charge my phone and I only get 4.5 days with 3G switched off, and about 3 with it on. Playing games brings it down to a day.how the hell can you seriously like android goonish

Everything is relative, dawg. I think that a two-day battery life is more than satisfactory for a phone that runs a resource intensive OS (as opposed to something java based)

Android kicks ass. From somebody who has used shitty flip phones his whole life, it's incredible. If you dislike android you're nitpicking. It's like having a little computer in your pocket. How is that not awesome?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MF Doom on February 01, 2012, 12:13:50 PM
Everything is relative, dawg. I think that a two-day battery life is more than satisfactory for a phone that runs a resource intensive OS (as opposed to something java based)

Android kicks ass. From somebody who has used shitty flip phones his whole life, it's incredible. If you dislike android you're nitpicking. It's like having a little computer in your pocket. How is that not awesome?
Android has native support for Java and most things on Android are written in Java. And since you obviously don't know what you're talking about, Java is one of the most resource-intensive piece-of-shit languages out there. Java runs in a VM, while most comparable languages (e.g. C++) are compiled directly to instructions the computer understands.

And as someone that owns an Android phone, it's awful. Updating your OS is essentially impossible with most phones running a version several years old with hardware that can't even support the most recent versions due to stupidity on both the hardware and Google engineers' sides. There are other things, like the complete hellhole that's the Android marketplace, the general instability of the operating system and software for it, and other things. It feels unfinished even compared to the first version of iOS. Hell, Android as a whole feels more restrictive than iOS. Sure, you can install LIVE, ANIMATED WALLPAPERS, but I'm not a black kid with pants around my knees and I don't want to worsen my (pitiful) battery life.

And every single fucking person that gets an Android phone parades the "freedom" of Android, but they point and laugh at anybody with an unrooted phone. If you have to intentionally void your warranty and install a custom firmware just to install a simple software update or make your phone semi-usable, you're probably using the wrong OS. akudood;

don't let's

February 01, 2012, 04:50:41 PM #12 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:54:21 PM by Dead End Moon
Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on February 01, 2012, 03:56:28 PM
Android has native support for Java and most things on Android are written in Java. And since you obviously don't know what you're talking about, Java is one of the most resource-intensive piece-of-shit languages out there. Java runs in a VM, while most comparable languages (e.g. C++) are compiled directly to instructions the computer understands.

And as someone that owns an Android phone, it's awful. Updating your OS is essentially impossible with most phones running a version several years old with hardware that can't even support the most recent versions due to stupidity on both the hardware and Google engineers' sides. There are other things, like the complete hellhole that's the Android marketplace, the general instability of the operating system and software for it, and other things. It feels unfinished even compared to the first version of iOS. Hell, Android as a whole feels more restrictive than iOS. Sure, you can install LIVE, ANIMATED WALLPAPERS, but I'm not a black kid with pants around my knees and I don't want to worsen my (pitiful) battery life.

And every single fucking person that gets an Android phone parades the "freedom" of Android, but they point and laugh at anybody with an unrooted phone. If you have to intentionally void your warranty and install a custom firmware just to install a simple software update or make your phone semi-usable, you're probably using the wrong OS. akudood;
You just made everything sound more like hardware problems rather than OS problems. Or problems with the support for certain aspects of it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Dead End Moon on February 01, 2012, 04:50:41 PM
You just made everything sound more like hardware problems rather than OS problems. Or problems with the support for certain aspects of it.
poor quality software, google's not-giving-a-shit attitude towards hardware vendors, and no support for any sort of updates is more on the fault of the software side

the shitty marketplace is also a software issue

the fact it's doing nothing but trying to play catchup with iOS is a software issue

No hardware can save Android.

Hiro

what phones ever had 10 days of battery life? goonish
but uh yeah basically i disagree with just about everything you said. what phone exactly do you have? my phone is unrooted and mine is pretty damn customized and whatnot.

Go Up