invert?

(Y)es
5 (45.5%)
I do(N)'t know how to play video games
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Mando Pandango

QuoteThis user is currently ignored.

I'm sure you had a very persuasive argument though. Oh well.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ncba93ivyase

pressing down moves the camera down which makes it look up

how does this not make sense to you people

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on December 23, 2011, 10:09:04 PM
pressing down moves the camera down which makes it look up

how does this not make sense to you people
it does
deal with it
I love [you]

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on December 23, 2011, 10:12:00 PM
It would make sense if you also inverted the x-axis. doodhuh;
i can go either way with that, but inverted x-axis isn't the standard

i actually think metroid prime's default setting was inverted because i never changed the settings and i played through it with the y-axis inverted

and in metroid prime 2 i played with both axes inverted, although i think it's because i changed the settings

inverted used to be the majority, and it really wasn't until recently that [glow=black,2,300]children[/glow] started using "standard" controls instead of the correct style

Mando Pandango

They're both perfectly fine ways to play, but if you're going to invert y then you should invert both. Otherwise it doesn't make any real sense.

First person games I don't invert, third person games I invert both.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on December 23, 2011, 10:17:19 PM
They're both perfectly fine ways to play, but if you're going to invert y then you should invert both. Otherwise it doesn't make any real sense.

First person games I don't invert, third person games I invert both.
inverting the y axis means pulling back your head to look up

pushing left to look left means turning your body left

for first person, i think inverting only the y-axis makes sense, but for third person, inverting both makes sense because it's like pulling the camera to the right to see left and pulling it up to see down

inverting neither makes no sense to me because it feels like you're not controlling the camera

Mando Pandango

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on December 23, 2011, 10:20:12 PMpushing left to look left means turning your body left
I've heard this said before but it doesn't make any sense to me. Even if you're turning your body left, you're still TURNING your body, which means that your back goes right your front goes left.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on December 23, 2011, 10:23:08 PM
I've heard this said before but it doesn't make any sense to me. Even if you're turning your body left, you're still TURNING your body, which means that your back goes right your front goes left.
imagine your hand  on top of someone's head

you want them to look left

turn your hand left

you want them to look right

turn your hand right

you want them to look up

pull your hand back

how do non-inverters see these things, or do they just not think

don't let's

I've been playing inverted ever since Goldeneye and it's a freakin pain to try and play non-inverted. But like all of my friends play non-inverted.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on December 23, 2011, 10:27:14 PM
imagine your hand  on top of someone's head

you want them to look left

turn your hand left

you want them to look right

turn your hand right

you want them to look up

pull your hand back

how do non-inverters see these things, or do they just not think
The problem with this is that I don't imagine me controller my character from the top, I imagine controlling it from the back, since I'm looking forward, not down.

Commander Fuckass

it took me awhile to get used to inverted axis controls.

Now I use them 95% of the time
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kefka on December 23, 2011, 10:32:32 PM
it took me awhile to get used to inverted axis controls.

Now I use them 95% of the time
what made you change

Go Up