October 02, 2024, 03:24:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how do i learn to speak the cat language

Started by silvertone, December 18, 2011, 10:43:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Andria

silvertone

i just realized idk where to even get a cat. like do i goto pet smart

YPrrrr

Quote from: silvertone on December 18, 2011, 11:36:22 AM
i just realized idk where to even get a cat. like do i goto pet smart
Get one from the pound to save kitty's life

They are also free aside from the registration

EDIT: Maybe not free, but cheap. I thought mine was free...

Andria

Quote from: NPR on December 18, 2011, 11:37:14 AM
Get one from the pound to save kitty's life

They are also free aside from the registration

yeah do this

and really don't just get a kitten. Adopt an older cat that may not be adopted otherwise.

In most cases the kittens are in and out in no time but the older cats are stuck in their cages for sometimes the rest of their natural lives and that is just sad.

silvertone

what if i get a kitten and an older cat. am i allowed to have 2 free cats

Andria

I think they allow it, but you'll need to make sure you can afford to take care of two cats

YPrrrr

Quote from: silvertone on December 18, 2011, 11:40:27 AM
what if i get a kitten and an older cat. am i allowed to have 2 free cats
Probably, it's cheaper than them having to take care of it n_u

YPrrrr

Also if you adopt an older cat you should ask for its history to make sure it doesn't have like bladder problems or attack strangers or something

Andria

Quote from: NPR on December 18, 2011, 11:42:48 AM
Also if you adopt an older cat you should ask for its history to make sure it doesn't have like bladder problems or attack strangers or something

those shouldn't really turn you away though if you like the cat and are willing to put in the effort

In most cases at least the attacking strangers part is just because of a bad owner who didn't really take the time to care for the cat. With a bit of love it is just perfectly nice

most places have a room where you can get to know the animal you're looking to adopt so that is a useful tool as well

silvertone

Quote from: Twilight Echo on December 18, 2011, 11:41:26 AM
I think they allow it, but you'll need to make sure you can afford to take care of two cats

yes...i got what it takes to raise 2 cats.
1. compassion
2. home
3. big money.

silvertone

Quote from: Twilight Echo on December 18, 2011, 11:50:27 AM
those shouldn't really turn you away though if you like the cat and are willing to put in the effort

In most cases at least the attacking strangers part is just because of a bad owner who didn't really take the time to care for the cat. With a bit of love it is just perfectly nice

most places have a room where you can get to know the animal you're looking to adopt so that is a useful tool as well

i dont want a mean cat though

Andria

They may say it's mean but you'd be mean too if you were stuck in a cage for months with people coming in and annoying you constantly

silvertone

silvertone

i want to be a 'crazy' cat lady but not a Lady.

Go Up