September 29, 2024, 09:19:01 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

is anyone on boyah a brony?

Started by strongbad, December 11, 2011, 11:59:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Is this some kind of ironical bullshit or is anyone being serious here?

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on December 12, 2011, 03:50:57 PM
Sadly there's nothing ironic about bronies.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

Andria

I legitimately enjoy the show

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Echo on December 12, 2011, 04:15:58 PM
I legitimately enjoy the show

Why? Isn't it marketed to 3-5 year old children or is there some kind of underlying message put in there?

I don't understand.

strongbad

Quote from: Echo on December 12, 2011, 10:50:32 AM
I think my avatar speaks for itself

brohoof

I really am not a fan of the word brony though

which is your favourite pony?

i'm not a huge fan of it either, but it seemed like a solid thread title.
I like rainbow dash giggle;

No it's actually pretty enjoyable. My friend and I were intrigued and we decided to watch the first season in his room over a few days. Once you start to watch it you kind of get over the fact that you're watching ponies and get into the goofy characters. I wouldn't call it an amazing show, but it's definitely enjoyable, and I have every intention to finish the series.

strongbad

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on December 12, 2011, 05:25:43 PM
Why? Isn't it marketed to 3-5 year old children or is there some kind of underlying message put in there?

I don't understand.

Quote from the show's wikipedia page:
QuoteThe show has been critically praised for its humor and moral outlook. Despite the target demographic of young girls and their parents, Friendship Is Magic has gained a large following of older viewers, predominately male teenagers and adults, who call themselves "bronies". Reasons for this unintended appreciation include a combination of Faust's creative contribution to the writing and characterization, the expressive Flash-based animation style, themes older audiences can appreciate, and a reciprocal relationship between Hasbro, the creators, and the fans. Elements of the show have become part of the remix culture and formed the basis for a variety of Internet memes. The show has prompted a fan convention known as BroNYCon.

silvertone

flash animation is the shit hole of animation

and faust as in the band faust??

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Andria

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on December 12, 2011, 05:25:43 PM

I don't understand.

It's marketed to more like 10 year old's but they also make it so parents can enjoy it too.

Which had the side effect of fans with no children getting into it.

It's a funny show that can be quite entertaining with cool characters and everything
Quote from: MF Doom on December 12, 2011, 05:28:52 PM
i'm not a huge fan of it either, but it seemed like a solid thread title.
I like rainbow dash giggle;
No it's actually pretty enjoyable. My friend and I were intrigued and we decided to watch the first season in his room over a few days. Once you start to watch it you kind of get over the fact that you're watching ponies and get into the goofy characters. I wouldn't call it an amazing show, but it's definitely enjoyable, and I have every intention to finish the series.

Twilight Sparkle is my favourite

I first watched it after being adamantly against it till my friend finally convinced me to at least watch a few episodes of it.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Well, this is still the stupidest sub-culture dive that I've ever seen.
There might be a research paper in this.

silvertone

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on December 12, 2011, 05:42:45 PM
i once read an 80 page essay about borat economics

Andria

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on December 12, 2011, 05:42:45 PM

What makes it any stupider than any other sub-culture?

YPrrrr

I've got to admit... I've seen some clips of the show and it's actually not terrible. Fuck it's probably better than half the shows on nickelodeon or cartoon network nowadays.

Go Up