September 28, 2024, 07:21:05 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Famitracker general: where Popsi and I post our shit

Started by Samus Aran, December 10, 2011, 10:23:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

So hey, I figured why not make a thread for this, if we're going to continue making songs at our current rate in Famitracker. For those of you who don't know, Famitracker is an app that allows you to build NES-style songs from scratch. It's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. So far, I've only done covers, and random bits of silly effects and percussion loops and stuff.

I have two full covers done thus far.

The first one was pretty much just practice, so in retrospect it wasn't done all that well, but here it is. "Kraid's Lair," from Metroid.

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi8hXBsx5Oc[/youtube][/spoiler]

The second is much, MUCH better: a full cover of the Elec Man stage theme from the first Mega Man game.

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N93aEStkts[/youtube][/spoiler]

the videos are unfortunately rather quiet, i'll fix that later though. for now, just turn your volume up.

anyone got an idea for a song to cover next? any good nes songs, really. i might try some game boy stuff in the near future too, using the vrc6 or whatever mod to add extra channels (the game boy actually had better sound capabilities than the nes, with more channels).

i'm hoping to get a larger original piece done sometime soon, too. can't wait.  hocuspocus;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Just got this protip:

Go into file->coniguration and then sound, and set it to 8-bit, which sounds more authentic. Also 48kHz sample rate just for better quality sound.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on December 11, 2011, 04:38:01 PM
Just got this protip:

Go into file->coniguration and then sound, and set it to 8-bit, which sounds more authentic. Also 48kHz sample rate just for better quality sound.

awesome wrench;

also, doesn't anyone have any cover suggestions cry;

silvertone

Samus Aran

silvertone

Quote from: Azunyan on December 11, 2011, 05:24:19 PM
lol i was really talking more about vidya game songs
isn't that in one of the guitar heros??

Mando Pandango

[hedy]Zidone

Samus Aran

an amazing remix of that theme in famitracker was already done and i've listened to it many times lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5UDuo9bKIA[/youtube]

[hedy]Zidone

Mando Pandango

Daddy

What is famitracker. if you make general thread why no explain

Mando Pandango

Mando Pandango

Go Up