September 30, 2024, 12:36:05 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Xenoblade Chronicles coming to US in April

Started by Hiro, December 02, 2011, 03:33:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

yeah this was mentioned in the chat thread lol

as i said there, why gamestop exclusive? some potential buyers are lost when you do stuff like that. also, gamestop is ass. but i guess it's no big deal to me personally to have to go in one to get the game.

either way i'm just glad that it's getting localized.

Commander Fuckass

I really don't know what to think of this game

part of me wants it
part of me doesn't

awdood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Hiro

So it looks like a mid-level PS2 game... but it does still look really fun. Didn't know it was supposed to be quite that futuristic or whatever in style.
Voice acting is nice for a Wii game, but why are they all british? I'm going to guess this is just the european release of the game.

Hiro

Okay so I'm reading about it and apparently the game's map is HUGE, as in huge by any console's standards. Here's one comment I read:
QuoteTo say the areas are more expansive than other games is a massive understatement. One of the later areas is roughly the same size as Wind wakers great sea.... On its own.   

And I'm going to assume it's mostly land, so that should be pretty good.

Watching some videos of this game, I'm starting to get excited for it. I think I'll get it for my birthday, which is in April.

Hiro

QuoteThere's times where you have to stop and think, "wait, is this really the same game?"   

QuoteThis game is arguably bigger than Skyrim.

There, I said it.

Andria

Quote from: Hiroglyph on December 02, 2011, 05:43:02 PM

Being bigger than skyrim means pretty much nothing if the world sucks/there isn't an ample amount of things to do besides just grinding

Hiro

Quote from: Echo on December 02, 2011, 05:49:34 PM
Being bigger than skyrim means pretty much nothing if the world sucks/there isn't an ample amount of things to do besides just grinding
Well I mean it's a JRPG so it's not going to be the same type of game as Skyrim but still, for a Wii game that's impressive. I wouldn't think there would be nearly as many npcs or sidequests, but still probably lots of areas just to explored and probably find hidden items and whatnot.
It's supposedly a fairly long game too so I wouldn't worry about it just being empty space.

From the european release the game got 92 or something on Metacritic with some reviews calling it the best JRPG of this generation.

Hiro

Here's a video of the terrain:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAYBui5ghJ0[/youtube]

While the character models look pretty mediocre I actually think the landscape looks quite nice.

Classic

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

whether or not i purchase this depends entirely on the ratings

also lol gamestop

Thyme

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 03, 2011, 01:31:08 AM
whether or not i purchase this depends entirely on the ratings

also lol gamestop

you say that as if it didn't already have (very good) ratings lol

or do you not trust european reviewers? n_u

strongbad