October 05, 2024, 03:40:49 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

People that only listen to video game music

Started by Daddy, November 28, 2011, 04:18:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Thyme

Quote from: Khadafi on November 28, 2011, 04:18:36 PM
Why?

as a former person who only listened to video game music:

they don't know better

YPrrrr

Because they associate music with high school dances

This is my fledgling theory

silvertone

because it was written by people who are actually trained in music and not some idiot college kids playing power chords.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: silvertone on November 28, 2011, 05:05:19 PM
because it was written by people who are actually trained in music and not some idiot college kids playing power chords.
I love [you]

InbredPsychosis

hey, if a college kid playing power chords sounds good, i'm not gonna be all douchey about it and question whether they truly know music theory.

anyway to answer the question, they are nerds
TAKE UR MEDICINE

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on November 28, 2011, 07:35:16 PM
hey, if a college kid playing power chords sounds good, i'm not gonna be all douchey about it and question whether they truly know music theory.

anyway to answer the question, they are nerds
and of course, study music theory as a result.
I love [you]

Hippopo

Because it's a genre they are familiar with, and each song probably has intense nostalgic emotions tied with it.  They also have a deeper appreciation for it since it has a close relationship with another form of media they love.

I don't see how this is hard to see.

Also, there's a wide range of music to choose from.

Travis

Quote from: Hippopo on November 28, 2011, 08:21:58 PM
Because it's a genre they are familiar with, and each song probably has intense nostalgic emotions tied with it.  They also have a deeper appreciation for it since it has a close relationship with another form of media they love.

I don't see how this is hard to see.

Also, there's a wide range of music to choose from.
but ur neglecting all other forms of musik. bro

InbredPsychosis

it's not that they listen to video game music, it's that they ONLY listen to video game music
TAKE UR MEDICINE

Hippopo

Quote from: Travis on November 28, 2011, 08:23:15 PM
but ur neglecting all other forms of musik. bro
Hey-o, I know.

It's a shame to not expand your musical horizons. But sometimes you just know what you like, and you stick to it.  I'm not endorsing it, but I understand it.

Kalahari Inkantation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Mdumn5JeY[/youtube]

because it's rare that i find non-video game music i can appreciate as much as something like this :'(

and despite the immense variety in the video game music 'genre' (and i use that term as loosely as humanly possible), i've yet to find much outside of it that's quite like it

Perhaps I've been spoiled and require some sort of nostalgic connection or familiarity before I can appreciate a piece of music. >.<

InbredPsychosis

I managed to make nostalgic connections to my contemporary music because I used to listen to the radio while I played Starcraft 64 and Harvest Moon 64.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

Go Up