September 30, 2024, 12:27:02 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

FF Producer wants games released ever year or two

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, November 21, 2011, 10:53:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/21/final-fantasy-producer-wants-a-new-game-every-years-or-two.aspx

How do you feel about this?  A friend of mine said he was afraid FF would go the route of CoD, in that they would sell the same game to people each year.

I don't think this is such a bad idea, the last few games have had a pretty convoluted story and boring gameplay, so if they kind of stripped it back and didn't over think, maybe these games would be pretty good? Who is to say

your voice should be heard, boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

i think that's kind of a silly thing to even suggest

a more rigid release schedule isn't necessarily going to improve the quality of their games

don't let's

Initially read the title as Fantastic Four.

I don't think any game should probably really go down that route. (Except maybe sports games, but even then they basically have to do that just stay relevant.) But games should just take however long they take to complete instead of trying to rush them.

Nyerp

PLEASEHELP1991

Square-Enix should stop making endless side games (LOL KINGDOM HEARTS) and focus on the mainline.
I love [you]

Commander Fuckass

Who want's to go blow up Square-Enix with me for even suggesting they go down the CoD route?  n_n
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on November 22, 2011, 11:30:22 AM
I think they should just focus on new ips

this, and...

Quote from: bluebirdofhappiness on November 21, 2011, 11:09:13 PM
Square-Enix should stop making endless side games (LOL KINGDOM HEARTS) and focus on the mainline.

this.

they'd get more good games out faster if they stopped making so many spin-offs and maybe tried a whole new game for once. when was the last time they put out something totally new that was memorable in the least? the world ends with you? and i didn't even like that one all that much.

ME##

Well, Square Enix seems to have a hard time with new IPs.  Maybe The Last Remnant 2* [myface;] will turn out better. 

[spoiler]*If that's indeed for what it has licensed the Unreal Engine 3 again.[/spoiler]

Also, I don't think the Kingdom Hearts series itself is to blame for Square Enix's inability to make any flagship titles timely.  SE announced a whole slew of FF and KH games based on very vague ideas and had too many of the same people working on those projects.  :|

PLEASEHELP1991

but can't we agree that kingdom hearts iii is seemingly vaporware with all of the neverending games released after kingdom hearts ii
well, it's not vaporware if it hasn't been officially announced...
I love [you]

ME##

Quote from: bluebirdofhappiness on November 23, 2011, 02:38:48 PM
but can't we agree that kingdom hearts iii is seemingly vaporware with all of the neverending games released after kingdom hearts ii

Considering that Kingdom Hearts III isn't even in development yet, that's not surprising.  At this rate it'll almost definitely be a title for the [REDACTED] [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] in 2013-14. 

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Dovydas on November 23, 2011, 02:43:08 PM
Considering that Kingdom Hearts III isn't even in development yet, that's not surprising.  At this rate it'll almost definitely be a title for the [REDACTED] [REDACTED] of [REDACTED] in 2013-14. 
coded
358/2 Days
Birth by Sleep
re:coded
Dream Drop Distance in stereoscopic 3D!
that's like five spinoff titles (including one remake) of a spinoff
I love [you]

ME##

Quote from: bluebirdofhappiness on November 23, 2011, 02:51:44 PM
coded
358/2 Days
Birth by Sleep
re:coded
Dream Drop Distance in stereoscopic 3D!
that's like five spinoff titles (including one remake) of a spinoff

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII Type-0 which was supposed to be a cell phone game but now is on the PSP
Final Fantasy XIV which SE is pretty much in the process of completely rebuilding because the version it launched is just horrid

your point being?  it's not only kingdom hearts that is weighing square enix down.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Dovydas on November 23, 2011, 02:58:05 PM
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII Type-0 which was supposed to be a cell phone game but now is on the PSP
Final Fantasy XIV which SE is pretty much in the process of completely rebuilding because the version it launched is just horrid

your point being?  it's not only kingdom hearts that is weighing square enix down.
Kingdom Hearts was just only one example.
My statement still applies because I was speaking about Square-Enix in general.
I love [you]

Go Up