July 08, 2024, 01:06:40 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

WTF GAMESTOP

Started by FAMY2, October 19, 2011, 04:23:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FAMY2

I was telling a friend I preordered Skyward Sword from Gamestop. Then Ryan told me he had preodered and paid for a game there once. At 11:30 he showed up and there was a long line. An employee was walking down the line talking to people and he stopped to talk to him. Ryan mentioned how he was glad he had already preordered and paid for his game so he didn't need to worry about getting one. Then the employee said that didn't guarantee he would get one if they ran out he was SOL. WHAT?!? I MEAN REALLY GAMESTOP?!? akudood;

Other horror stories about getting games please.

[spoiler]I better get my game.[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

It actually depends on how many pre-orders, or how many shipments your gamestop gets.

You should be able to get a copy on release.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

applesauce

FAMY2

I would think so. If you hear of a female tearing apart a Gamestop you will know it's me and I didn't get it. n_n

Andria

Quote from: Snowy on October 19, 2011, 04:28:28 AM
That employee is fucking retarded. They count how many reservations for the game they have and put that many put aside for the people who reserved it.

You'll get it.

Well in the case of extremely large preorder turn out it could happen, but it's really unlikely that they won't have enough for everyone who preordered AND the people who didn't

YPrrrr

I don't think I've ever had a problem honestly...

Cookie

I don't have this problem because I don't shop at Gamestop.

Mando Pandango

oh yeah skyward sword

shit nigga i need to preorder that
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

Well in my experience you can usually walk into a store (don't know specifically about Gamestop) and get a game on its release day without preodering it, because depending on the game they usually have a ton of copies. Unlike back in day when stores just got in like ten or fifteen copies and you actually had to preoder to guarantee a copy. 

FAMY2

I wanted to be sure and get the cheap gold controller.    girl;

Wrench

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 19, 2011, 12:18:42 PM
I wanted to be sure and get the cheap gold controller.    girl;

I'm getting the controller too. I think I'm equally excited for that

Hiro

Yeah I definitely need to get the wiimote pack, but it'll be a christmas gift, as almost all my games are. I think the last game I preordered was Brawl, and I can't remember the last time I bought anything from gamestop.

Daddy

i preordered the bundle too lol

i don' have a wii motion plus so i figured it's cheaper for the extra 20 dorrar on the bundle. i also get cd

Kalahari Inkantation

i've never preordered a game before lol

But Skyward Sword will be my first. lubdoods;

Mando Pandango

Oh yeah I forgot about Wii Motion Plus. I don't have that.

The two controllers I have I both got at lauch so they have the tiny strings connecting the wrist straps and they don't have jackets.

sillydood;
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up