October 22, 2024, 06:24:59 PM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

do you use the wysiwyg

Started by snoorkel, October 13, 2011, 11:34:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snoorkel

and do you type HTML in posts or bbcode. like when you're typing bold or italics or links do you highlight text and use the graphical editor or just type the tags in.

I just type the tags in htmL as I go because I'm a fuckin g like dat

Mando Pandango

I usually just type the tags because I use quick reply. I'll go into the standard bbcode editor if I have a lot of tags I want to use though.

Also I think silvertone is rubbing off on you.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

snoorkel

Quote from: ポ--,,ルの" on October 13, 2011, 11:36:18 PM
I usually just type the tags because I use quick reply. I'll go into the standard bbcode editor if I have a lot of tags I want to use though.

Also I think silvertone is rubbing off on you.

silvertone should rub off everyone.

Hiro

sometimes i'll just type the tags, but I think i usually highlight and use the graphical editor. depends really

PLEASEHELP1991

we have a wysiwyg editor on boyah?
and i use exclusively bbcode
I love [you]

Hiro

also i use bbcode, i don't think non-admins are even allowed to use html if i'm not mistaken

snoorkel

Quote from: bluebirdofhappiness on October 13, 2011, 11:39:20 PM
we have a wysiwyg editor on boyah?
and i use exclusively bbcode

yeah when you click the reply button you should try it sometime it's nice
Quote from: Hiro on October 13, 2011, 11:41:49 PM
also i use bbcode, i don't think non-admins are even allowed to use html if i'm not mistaken

oh sux4u  who wants to fucking type brackets akudood;

PLEASEHELP1991

I don't think it qualifies as one as emphasis isn't rendered immediately as you type.
I love [you]

snoorkel

Quote from: bluebirdofhappiness on October 13, 2011, 11:45:47 PM
I don't think it qualifies as one as emphasis isn't rendered immediately as you type.

I guess that's true, we'll just consider the buttons what you see instead. my opinion rendering would be an advanced and non-requisite wysiwyg feature anyway y/n

Mando Pandango

I have a strong distaste for wysiwyg. I don't even know how to turn it on NOT THAT I WOULD WANT TO
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

I don't use the wysiwyg and I usually type in most tags.

Hiro

Quote from: ポ--,,ルの" on October 13, 2011, 11:54:38 PM
I have a strong distaste for wysiwyg. I don't even know how to turn it on NOT THAT I WOULD WANT TO
Why, what's wrong with it?
[spoiler]2.0 has wysiwyg goowan[/spoiler]

applesauce

wait are we talking about the buttons or what? if that's not what you mean, then I didn't even know we had it. Sometimes I type tags, sometimes I use the buttons to put the tags in, and then put in my text

FAMY2

Quote from: Molotov Emir 1986 on October 14, 2011, 12:51:13 AM
wait are we talking about the buttons or what? if that's not what you mean, then I didn't even know we had it. Sometimes I type tags, sometimes I use the buttons to put the tags in, and then put in my text

Easier for me.

bluaki

I don't even remember where the wysiwyg editor is, but I remember it not working in Opera a long time ago and I totally forgot about it since. I tend to dislike wysiwyg editors of any kind anyways.

I use bbcode instead of html because things like spoilers and quotes can't be typed with the html capabilities normal users have and it's nice to keep consistent

I pretty much never click one of the bbcode insertion buttons, though I might if I want to use a tag I nearly never use and aren't sure of the exact name for. I do, however, often click emotes instead of typing them all.

Go Up