October 23, 2024, 12:19:11 AM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

My neighborhood

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, October 13, 2011, 10:25:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I think my neighborhood is part of some weird nexus intersecting the twilight zone.
The strangest things happen here.

I've been sleeping with my window open lately. Not open open, but open, you know?
So I was reading Deadeye Dick with my window open in bed and I hear this car screech and some yelling, right?

So, naturally, I look out my window and see this car stopped in the middle of the road. The driver, a young man, gets out and just starts running towards my building. Oh shit, right?

But, instead of heading towards me, he makes an abrupt turn and just bolts down the sidewalk.

Now, there's a girl in this car and she's yelling after the guy that just ran away.

I see her circle the block three times and then that's that.

Now, just two minutes ago, I heard somebody running on the sidewalk, and there's this real awkward looking cop just jogging in uniform through my neighbor's backyard and down the road.

Haha(.)

applesauce

snoorkel

At our place in minneapolis we saw some strange things happen, one time a girl got into her(?) SUV and tried to turn it on, the alarm went off, she kept trying and eventually got out of the car and ran away. several minutes later she appeared again, with cops around her, looked like trying to explain her way out of it

there were frequently 'fights' outside the frat houses across the street, every single time it would be it would be like a clown car setup with multiple people getting in one side, different people getting out the other side and rejoining the 'fight', someone gets back in, another gets out, pretty sure I never actually saw punches thrown. they just liked yelling about things

another time there was a smaller fight, a cop came up, one guy said something to the cop and the other one bolted down the sidewalk as soon as he looked away, cop gave chase. other guy got off I guess.

between frat houses, oddly, was a sobriety house, occasionally we'd see this obese guy sitting outside with his shirt off yelling literally loud enough for the whole street to hear about the housemates being dumbasses and breaking the rules. guy seemed like a douche though

Mando Pandango

we have a mailwoman

soooooooooooooooo
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hippopo

snoorkel

Quote from: ポ--,,ルの" on October 13, 2011, 10:57:36 PM
we have a mailwoman

soooooooooooooooo

pretty sure I do too.

and I think she's hispanic baddood;

??????

i've once had this man in a suit come out of this strangely designed car inspect our home at around 11 PM with a flashlight
then he drove away

he didn't even greet anyone :"(

applesauce

My neighborhood has a lot of old Italians. If you go like two blocks north it is like 80% Asian and so there are lots of Asians and Asian businesses around. Also early in the morning the old Asians are exercising in the parks doing like rai chi and stuff and it is interesting to watch

silvertone

Once this guy just sat on my front lawn and started taking pictures.

FAMY2

Quote from: Snowy the Majestic Møøse on October 14, 2011, 10:22:21 AM
All of my neighbors are grumpy old white people.

And one black family.

Sounds like my neighborhood.  >.<

Go Up