October 06, 2024, 08:23:34 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What movie should I watch

Started by Hiro, October 09, 2011, 03:08:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

What movie do I watch on Netflix right now

Howl's Moving Castle
4 (44.4%)
The Science of Sleep
2 (22.2%)
8 1/2
0 (0%)
The Blues Brothers
2 (22.2%)
Trainspotting
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

Hiro

Hurry up I want to watch it soon  baddood;

YPrrrr

Blues Brothers, especially if you've never seen it before

Hiro

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 09, 2011, 03:14:13 PM
Blues Brothers, especially if you've never seen it before
I knew you would vote for that  baddood;

silvertone

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hiro on October 09, 2011, 03:21:42 PM
I knew you would vote for that  baddood;
Because it is the best movie there baddood;

Although I do want to see trainspotting

Hiro

Nyerp

i picked the obvious answer, which is always anime

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Trainspotting is really good, but it's almost....overwhelming. You want to fucking shake those people.
Some really funny scenes, but there are equally as many disturbing ones. [spoiler]The god damned baby..............[/spoiler]

I also recommend  the science of sleep if you're into that quirky gondry thing. Actually, the whole dreamscape thing works really well because it's confusing and disorienting as fuck but it's believable.
I ended up both hating and feeling bad for the main character, but I think that's the whole point of it.

Hurry.

Hiro

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on October 09, 2011, 04:16:49 PM
Trainspotting is really good, but it's almost....overwhelming. You want to fucking shake those people.
Some really funny scenes, but there are equally as many disturbing ones. [spoiler]The god damned baby..............[/spoiler]

I also recommend  the science of sleep if you're into that quirky gondry thing. Actually, the whole dreamscape thing works really well because it's confusing and disorienting as fuck but it's believable.
I ended up both hating and feeling bad for the main character, but I think that's the whole point of it.

Hurry.
I guess I'll save trainspotting for later then, I'm not really in the mood for a really stressful movie.

snoorkel

Trainspotting is brilliant, it's definitely one of my favorites of all time. Probably the best of those you listed.

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on October 09, 2011, 04:16:49 PM
I also recommend  the science of sleep if you're into that quirky gondry thing. Actually, the whole dreamscape thing works really well because it's confusing and disorienting as fuck but it's believable.

Hurry.

Exactly what I'd say about it.

Quote from: Hiro on October 09, 2011, 04:39:41 PM
I guess I'll save trainspotting for later then, I'm not really in the mood for a really stressful movie.

It's not stressful at all, I'd say it's more lighthearted than dark overall... it's just one of those movies that actually makes you think about the characters and the situations they get themselves into. Especially if you haven't done many hard drugs, the first time you see it will be more intriguing than anything. Fuck, though, it's such a great movie, just watch it. You won't want to stop once you start, I promise.

Hiro

Quote from: vziard on October 09, 2011, 04:41:04 PM
Trainspotting is brilliant, it's definitely one of my favorites of all time. Probably the best of those you listed.

Exactly what I'd say about it.

It's not stressful at all, I'd say it's more lighthearted than dark overall... it's just one of those movies that actually makes you think about the characters and the situations they get themselves into. Especially if you haven't done many hard drugs, the first time you see it will be more intriguing than anything. Fuck, though, it's such a great movie, just watch it. You won't want to stop once you start, I promise.
well shit.. I'm way too indecisive.  :(

silvertone

snoorkel

Quote from: Hiro on October 09, 2011, 04:47:36 PM
well shit.. I'm way too indecisive.  :(

Personally I would give Trainspotting a full 7/7 and watch it again any time (I've seen it probably 15 times), Science of Sleep is kind of cool but mostly just 'that quirky Gondry thing'. It's probably 4.5/7 and I don't know if I'd watch it again, it might be boring. Kind of a one-track plot that just has a few trippy elements along the way. Trainspotting is a barrage of ideas and really inspired dialog and separate plots from inside a tangible subculture of junkies... with a fucking great cast and soundtrack, too. It's just a brilliant film overall.

PLEASEHELP1991

Netflix instant streaming sucks. Just rent the DVD.  happydood;
I love [you]

Hiro

Quote from: youhavebeentold on October 09, 2011, 04:59:44 PM
Netflix instant streaming sucks. Just rent the DVD.  happydood;
uh why would i do that goonish

Go Up