July 07, 2024, 09:05:37 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

beatles

Started by silvertone, October 08, 2011, 11:36:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

why does the most useless member live the longest. rip paul, jon and george (wub;.)

silvertone

feel kind of bad about saying this about Ringo because he is a sentient being and deserves as much respect as anyone else even though he isn't as artistically suave as the other beatles.  Also octopus garden is so good that it justifies his lack of songwriting...

silvertone

Ringo also has this goof-ball witty charm to him that makes him undeniably cute, but when standing next to the Sage-Like George, Angry John and ~~~~cute boy~~~~ paul  he sorta becomes the Clown of the group that people just like because he is funny and not because he is anything special personality-wise.

silvertone

Quote from: silvertone on October 08, 2011, 11:36:56 AM
feel kind of bad about saying this about Ringo because he is a sentient being and deserves as much respect as anyone else even though he isn't as artistically suave as the other beatles.  Also octopus garden is so good that it justifies his lack of songwriting...
Also the drums on Day in the Life is great and so is Rain. GREAT DRUMS

YPrrrr

Paul isn't dead >_<'

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ringo had good early solo stuff. also Don't Pass Me By is one of my favorite songs on the white album

but yeah he got dropped by his label in the eighties

and george was the best beatle

silvertone

Paul died in 1966 and was replaced by a look a like, contrast the bass playing of the early beatles to the latter beatles and you have 2 different styles. One is a more free form rock n rolly while the second is more trained sounding, more meticulously written basslines which would only be provided by a session musician since the beatles stopped touring around that time.

silvertone

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5JLYKQfDU[/youtube] whoa CHeck OUT THOSE MODal JAZZ bass LINES

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_2W_KO_zI[/youtube] uh. what's the Deal Paul.

before you say that this was 7 year difference, just a reminder that at this time the Beatles played in German clubs for 8 hours a day non stop. They were damn fine musicians before they became big. Even though all the Beatles grew a lot more musically over the course of the 60s. Yet the radical difference between early Beatles bass playing and later Beatles bass playing is a bit Too Much to be from the same person. 

YPrrrr

You are one strange cat

silvertone

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 08, 2011, 11:46:22 AM
ringo had good early solo stuff. also Don't Pass Me By is one of my favorite songs on the white album

I think don't pass me by is great within the spectrum of the White Album spirit, but itself as a song doesn't really last on its own. Like the white album is this literal insane work of art and a little bit of anything could have been put on it and it still be GREAT. (revolution 9 yall. non-ironically good, but would never listen to a whole album of stuff like that) That is how i feel about nearly all the songs on the White Album  but at the same time i do not at all

Also George rules.

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 08, 2011, 12:00:25 PM
You are one strange cat
i just like talking about the beatles  >.<

Hiro

the beatles used to be best friends...

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Hiro on October 08, 2011, 12:32:28 PM
the beatles used to be best friends...
they were friends in the nineties too

but that's because john had got shot and there were only three doing the whole retrospective thing

and george and ringo had always been friends. george even cowrote some songs with ringo in ringos early solo stuff

but yeah for awhile things were touchy between john and paul and george

george was going to reunite the beatles for the concert for bangladesh but paul said no and john was going to but yoko wasn't invited.

oh well

silvertone

John and Paul were really good friends for a really long time....

silvertone

like there was time where they were Really Fuckin' mad at each Other but that was just for a lil bit of time. they were always ~close~

silvertone

Does anyone know what that noise about George Harrison is about? Like is he releasing a book or an post-alive album.

Go Up