October 06, 2024, 01:18:52 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

least favorite decade of music

Started by snoorkel, October 07, 2011, 11:52:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

rgrw

50s
2 (20%)
60s
0 (0%)
70s
0 (0%)
80s
7 (70%)
90s
0 (0%)
00s
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

snoorkel

I'd go with 80s, the trashy drums and horrible early digitals synthesizers made a really bad mix. of all the music I like probably 4 are from the 80s.

Samus Aran

the 80s, easily. most of the pop from that era was trash, and hair metal was a laughably bad movement. synths became less creative and more annoying, and the same goes for electronic drum kits. there were still people making good music, people who resisted all the neon and synths, but most of what the decade offered was bad, and some of it was just plain weird.

come on eileen is a guilty pleasure, though.

at least some of the weird stuff was actually pretty damn great, but i feel like the shittiness of mainstream culture really overshadows the good stuff.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I'll say 00's.

nothing terribly innovative or anything

also fuck you guys the eighties had some good music.

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 08, 2011, 12:36:41 AM

nobody said it didn't.

snoorkel

I'll say 00's.

the complete corruption and violent death of rock music. 00s are a close second for me.

Quote from: vziard on October 08, 2011, 01:21:01 AM
the complete corruption and violent death of rock music. 00s are a close second for me.

rock music died in 97

[hedy]Zidone

I guess I'll concur and say 80s because 80s pop and other bullshit. It's still the best decade for "industrial" music though.

Otherwise I would say maybe the 50s I guess. Not a huge fan of that period's jazz and and I don't see much else that appeals to me there besides exotica and early-electronic bologna.

silvertone

anything before the bebop scene is not worth recognizing as art and anything after it is just Laughable Tributes.

Hiro

But guys there's such awesome stuff that came out in the 80s ;-;

I don't know though, I guess in terms of music I actually listen to the 50's has the least of it.

snoorkel

Quote from: silvertone on October 08, 2011, 11:24:10 AM
anything before the bebop scene is not worth recognizing as art and anything after it is just Laughable Tributes.

agreed completely and wholeheartedly brother.

YPrrrr

The 80s or 90s... I'd go 80s usually because the 90s at least took a step in the right direction while the 80s set up the 90s

Andria

I'll say 00's.

Outside of mainstream top 100 radio there is some decent innovation and good out there

but I guess that can be said for pretty much every era

PLEASEHELP1991

October 08, 2011, 04:45:03 PM #13 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:51:57 PM by youhavebeentold
The naughties easily... recycled and rehashed techniques from the '80s and '90s. FACT:  "According to The Guardian, music styles during the 2000s changed very little from how they were at last half of the 1990s. (Wikipedia)"
the only real innovative movement was the electroclash movement... but that burned out very quickly
I love [you]

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Zidone on October 08, 2011, 01:43:01 AM
Otherwise I would say maybe the 50s I guess. Not a huge fan of that period's jazz and and I don't see much else that appeals to me there besides exotica and early-electronic bologna.

oh you know just the birth of rock and fucking roll

80s blowz, 50z rules
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Go Up