September 20, 2024, 04:04:15 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Did you ever buy games when you were younger......

Started by Cookie, October 07, 2011, 08:02:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cookie

Without knowing anything about the game? I remember doing this and sorta miss it. I remember being at Toys R Us with my mom and seeing DK 64 thinking, "Oh hey that's Donkey Kong from Mario Kart! I'll get that!" Although at the same time you end up getting stuck with sucky games. I just was thinking about how much fun discovering games like that was, and lame it is now when I buy a game I've already watched gameplay videos and read reviews.

Commander Fuckass

I did that with Mischief Makers for the N64  hocuspocus;

I ended up liking it though
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

don't let's

All the time. I think prices and the internet have screwed that over now though. It is a little sad.

silvertone

That is how I still buy videogames, and music, and books and anything...

Samus Aran

Sometimes, yeah. That's how I ended up with Hey You, Pikachu! and Turok. Two shitty games.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Reisen on October 07, 2011, 08:15:36 PM
Sometimes, yeah. That's how I ended up with Hey You, Pikachu! and Turok. Two shitty games.
Turok wasn't that bad

also i bought uh.......rugrats board game thing on the n64.

that game was truly terrible

don't let's

Samus Aran

Quote from: Banned on October 07, 2011, 08:37:27 PM
Which Turok?

original

i know i'm probably exaggerating when i say it's shitty, but i honestly never have liked it very much. i recognize that it was sort of revolutionary for its time in that it was the first real "wide open" FPS (instead of corridor-based) and that was graphically very nice back then, but i still never liked it much, and it has aged very, VERY poorly.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Reisen on October 07, 2011, 08:55:12 PM
original

i know i'm probably exaggerating when i say it's shitty, but i honestly never have liked it very much. i recognize that it was sort of revolutionary for its time in that it was the first real "wide open" FPS (instead of corridor-based) and that was graphically very nice back then, but i still never liked it much, and it has aged very, VERY poorly.
yeah well you suck cocks behind sears

don't let's

October 07, 2011, 09:11:14 PM #9 Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:14:44 PM by Banned
But Dinosaur Hunter was awesome. And those cheat codes it had, hnnnnnnngg
I miss fun cheat codes like that. Though I actually haven't seen it in years so…

Also, probably my first M rated game because my mom didn't really know anything about that stuff and she just thought you went around killing dinosaurs

Samus Aran

FAMY2

I still buy used games this way.

I need a good easy shooter game.   wry

Wrench

Got Gauntlet Dark Legacy because of this.

BLUE WIZARD NEEDS FOOD BADLY

Kalahari Inkantation

i almost never buy games this way befuddlement

I always try to make sure that what I buy is something I actually do want to minimize the chances of being disappointed. goowan

the only times i ever got randumb games were years ago when family members would buy the cheapest garbage they could find as "gifts" :'(

YPrrrr

I feel like more often than not, my impulse buys ended up being awful myface;

Pokemon Trozei, what was I thinking smithicide;

Go Up