June 28, 2024, 06:02:53 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Arrested Development season 4

Started by Mando Pandango, October 02, 2011, 02:02:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

PLEASEHELP1991

October 02, 2011, 03:06:35 PM #2 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:11:48 PM by youhavebeentold
it's absolute heresy
just because the creator is developing it doesn't mean it will be picked up necessarily by any network
Don't expect it to be on Fox again.
I love [you]

Hiro

I feel like it could end up on FX or TBS or something goonish

Mando Pandango

I feel like the current state of FX would be a good fit for it. If not that, then a premium channel. I would be very surprised if nobody picked it up.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

PLEASEHELP1991

Someone must be biting though if they made an, albeit, unofficial official announcement.
I love [you]

strongbad

snoorkel

WHAT

[spoiler]I'm guessing this will never happen[/spoiler]

PLEASEHELP1991

October 03, 2011, 12:27:06 AM #8 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:34:15 AM by youhavebeentold
I'm 50% sure it will be on Epix because they need more original content and Lionsgate and Paramount, co-owners of Epix and major film studios, are subsidiaries of major television studios. Though, according to Reuters, there are reports Netflix and Showtime were in negotiations with FOX to revive the show. I give credence to Showtime possibly picking up the show because they needed a replacement for their dysfunctional family time slot that was last held by United States of Tara.
I love [you]

Mando Pandango

Quote from: vziard on October 02, 2011, 11:25:17 PM
WHAT

[spoiler]I'm guessing this will never happen[/spoiler]

It's p much been confirmed at this point

silvertone

I watched 1 episode of this show and didn't get it. All my friends who were ' huge fans ' didn't seem to enjoy it either, but then they said it was a great episode?? Do i have to watch all the arrested development episodes to 'get it??' how do i unlock the arrested development secret tomes ??

Mando Pandango

Maybe you just don't like it. It's possible.

Also, the humor throughout the show is pretty subtle, and there are few moments that are really meant to make you really laugh hard. It's just an incredibly well-crafted sitcom, IMO.

Hiro

The first episode alone isn't anything amazing. You really need to watch a few episodes to "get it", as a lot of the jokes span multiple episodes.

strongbad

Quote from: silvertone on October 03, 2011, 02:28:53 PM
I watched 1 episode of this show and didn't get it. All my friends who were ' huge fans ' didn't seem to enjoy it either, but then they said it was a great episode?? Do i have to watch all the arrested development episodes to 'get it??' how do i unlock the arrested development secret tomes ??

I would say that it's worth it to watch through the entire first season. The show definitely grows on you quickly the more you watch it.

PLEASEHELP1991

i would not resubscribe to showtime if arrested development came back because it's an inferior replacement for united states of tara
I love [you]

Go Up