July 03, 2024, 01:17:57 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Strategy Guides

Started by Commander Fuckass, September 27, 2011, 06:49:30 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

How many of you use them  baddood; don't lie either.

I use them on some RPGs (Final Fantasy VIII mostly)

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

i've never used one and don't plan on ever starting

the internet has eliminated the need for strategy guides as more than collector's items wariodood;

don't let's

I used to use them, mostly the old official nintendo power ones. But the internet usually has some really in-depth guides so I haven't bought one in years. Though I wish more of them were like uesp.net or the fallout wikia.

Nyerp

i have them for wind waker, zelda collector's edition, sonic adventure 2 battle...idk what else

Hiro

I used to like getting them a lot. I have one for Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and I think 1 or 2 others.
Now I just use gamefaqs if I really need help.

Samus Aran

I never use them unless I'm really stuck in one part or I'm looking for extra, optional things in the game.

I actually have a few old NP Player's Guides that I got for free because of renewing my NP subscription, but I've never actually used any of them except the Pokemon one briefly now and then (mostly to check which Pokemon were on a given route), and I think I used the Metroid Prime one the first time I played the game to find missile expansions.

But yeah, I have the ones for Metroid Prime, Prime 2, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Pokemon Red/Blue, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and Pokemon TCG.

The latter I wanted mostly just for the free promotional Venusaur card that came with it.

Nyerp

Quote from: Hiro on September 27, 2011, 10:49:57 AM
I used to like getting them a lot. I have one for Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and I think 1 or 2 others.
Now I just use gamefaqs if I really need help.

o ya i have tp one too

silvertone

I never bought one, but i have few that i gotten Via Various Means, normally I read them and then don't play the game.

YPrrrr

I have a ton of these things... I'm not going to list them all since I have well over 20 some but the ones I really liked were for oot, pokemon, and kingdom hearts

Hiro

Quote from: 紛,,--,,--本語名 on September 28, 2011, 10:28:38 AM
I have a ton of these things... I'm not going to list them all since I have well over 20 some but the ones I really liked were for oot, pokemon, and kingdom hearts
my friend had the oot strategy guide, it was the coolest thing ever

FAMY2

Quote from: Yip Yipper on September 28, 2011, 10:28:38 AM

Me too. And I have over 30 old Nintendo Power magazines.   :3

strongbad

From garage sales this summer, I got an official LoZ:LttP (snes) guide and a pokemon red guide. i think i'm going to put them on my wall or something

ME##

I have four strategy guides. 

Tales of Symphonia
Mario ampersand Luigi Superstar Saga [shut up shut up shut up]
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 3, which I mainly just used to find the kerotan frogs

silvertone

mario and luigi is a fun game.

Go Up