October 01, 2024, 12:24:05 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Are there any games you'd consider 'perfect'?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 20, 2011, 11:37:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Hiro

Quote from: MF Doom on September 25, 2011, 01:27:29 PM
brawl? wtf shut your whore mouth
What's wrong with Brawl? I don't get why all the Melee fans are so butthurt that it's not the exact same game.

strongbad

Quote from: silvertone on September 25, 2011, 01:28:18 PM
brawl is better than melee

lol

Quote from: Hiro on September 25, 2011, 01:59:14 PM
What's wrong with Brawl? I don't get why all the Melee fans are so butthurt that it's not the exact same game.

Brawl had so many problems. The online play? A joke. The characters are so imbalanced that metaknight is along in the "S" tier and just about every other character is where they are in the tier just to counter metakinght. Also tripping

Hiro

Quote from: MF Doom on September 25, 2011, 02:13:26 PM
lol
Brawl had so many problems. The online play? A joke. The characters are so imbalanced that metaknight is along in the "S" tier and just about every other character is where they are in the tier just to counter metakinght. Also tripping
Online was pretty poor, but the Wii in general is terrible with even handling online. Every Smash Bros game has been imbalanced, and it's supposed to be. None of them are supposed to be solidly balanced technical fighters, they're silly fun games. I have no idea what "S" tier even means.
I've never had a problem with tripping.

Seriously, it's like bashing a mario kart game for not being as realistic as another mario kart.

Travis

silvertone

Reasons why Nerds hate Brawl:
1. They Fixed Everything Bad about Melee
2. They Deleted some Shitty Characters
3. They Added the The SmashBall

only 3rd reason is acceptable

Hiro

Quote from: silvertone on September 25, 2011, 04:11:23 PM

You can disable the smash ball though.

YPrrrr

Quote from: MF Doom on September 25, 2011, 02:13:26 PM
Melee didn't even have online play. Bad online > no online. Character balancing is almost impossible and if Smashers were organized at all they could just ban Metaknight from tournament play... Maybe they already do?

Tripping is gay, agreed
Quote from: silvertone on September 25, 2011, 04:11:23 PM

Nerds play without items and all of the deleted characters weren't that competitive anyway n_u
Quote from: Hiro on September 25, 2011, 02:31:19 PM
I've never had a problem with tripping.
Then you have not played enough/you play people that suck

silvertone

Hiro

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hiro on September 25, 2011, 06:18:23 PM
Nope on both counts 5thgrade;
Yes, if you have not lost a life due to tripping, then you have not played enough or the people you play suck too much to take advantage. There's really no way around it

Hiro

Quote from: 紛,,--,,--本語名 on September 25, 2011, 06:25:48 PM
Yes, if you have not lost a life due to tripping, then you have not played enough or the people you play suck too much to take advantage. There's really no way around it
I've played the game a shitload, and regularly against a guy who got 2nd place in a college-wide tournament with something like 32 people playing and probably 200 people present 5thgrade;

Kalahari Inkantation

tripping is the worst decision nintendo's ever made

[spoiler]but overall i'd still say i slightly prefer brawl to melee girl;[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hiro on September 25, 2011, 06:29:39 PM
I've played the game a shitload, and regularly against a guy who got 2nd place in a college-wide tournament with something like 32 people playing and probably 200 people present 5thgrade;
Ok but seriously, I don't understand how you have never tripped/had it throw off your timing... That just isn't possible.
Quote from: Tectrika on September 25, 2011, 06:49:22 PM
tripping is the worst decision nintendo's ever made

[spoiler]but overall i'd still say i slightly prefer brawl to melee girl;[/spoiler]
I slightly prefer brawl as well n_u

Probably because of multiple air dodges... I can't go back to just one myface;

Hiro

Quote from: 紛,,--,,--本語名 on September 25, 2011, 07:03:52 PM
Ok but seriously, I don't understand how you have never tripped/had it throw off your timing... That just isn't possible.
I've tripped, and I'm sure it's thrown off my timing in a few rare instances, but it's still never really been an issue for me.

Go Up