September 19, 2024, 11:52:20 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

FUCK.YES (jazz)

Started by snoorkel, September 19, 2011, 08:51:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snoorkel

I just ordered tickets to see Sonny Rollins in a few days. SONNY ROLLINS!!!

Favorite jazz?

silvertone

I don't know jazz names, but just googled Sonny Rollins. Very Nice. All the jazz guys i like are dead :<

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Lucky fucker.

The only jazz performers I get in my town are strict conformists that play like they've been given orders. Robotronic.

Mando Pandango

I go to a jazz festival every summer and have seen a lot of cool cats.

I also saw Wynton Marsalis once. That was cool.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

snoorkel

Quote from: silvertone on September 20, 2011, 01:21:12 PM
I don't know jazz names, but just googled Sonny Rollins. Very Nice. All the jazz guys i like are dead :<

yes, they're mostly all dead, that's why it's awesome  lubdoods;

snoorkel

silvertone

This might sound like a weird question, but was it loud and did they use any amps or anything electronic.

snoorkel

Quote from: silvertone on September 23, 2011, 01:12:59 PM
This might sound like a weird question, but was it loud and did they use any amps or anything electronic.

yes, it was in a fairly big theater:
[spoiler][/spoiler[/url]]

it was fairly loud, they mic'd everything. I thought the sound quality was great and amplified the tone of a live saxophone very pleasantly.

silvertone

Oh, I thought you were in one of those cool jazz clubs and the audience looked like a character from a Jack Kerouac novel. 

snoorkel

Quote from: silvertone on September 23, 2011, 02:08:38 PM
Oh, I thought you were in one of those cool jazz clubs and the audience looked like a character from a Jack Kerouac novel. 

yeah I wish, I have to find some of those places

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: vziard on September 23, 2011, 03:10:05 PM
yeah I wish, I have to find some of those places
you dont find those places, you stumble through life dancing to swivel note saxophones and cerulean piano movements til you end up in a place full of seventy year old jewish men that used to play with mingus snapping their fingers remembering what it was like to shoot heroin before rock ruined it.

snoorkel

Quote from: N o t S i d on September 23, 2011, 03:26:53 PM
you dont find those places, you stumble through life dancing to swivel note saxophones and cerulean piano movements til you end up in a place full of seventy year old jewish men that used to play with mingus snapping their fingers remembering what it was like to shoot heroin before rock ruined it.

dig

Go Up