September 17, 2024, 01:49:13 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you have certain fansubber preferences?

Started by Samus Aran, September 19, 2011, 09:27:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I sure as hell stay the hell away from Doki subs, and I've found KAA's work to vary greatly in quality, ranging from great to absolute rubbish, so I try to avoid them too if I can, but sometimes you just can't because they do a lot of old series or movies (by encoding their own versions of official subs) when nobody else will.

I think my absolute favorite subbers so far have been SS-Eclipse, Frostii, and a.f.k.  hocuspocus;

Nyerp

for recent series i seem to prefer gg even though they've been known to troll and other stupid things

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sakamoto on September 19, 2011, 09:38:50 AM
for recent series i seem to prefer gg even though they've been known to troll and other stupid things

Yes, I was going to consider listing them, because I like the fonts they go with and they always word things very naturally and don't weeabootize things...buuuut I know that even when they're not actually "trolling," they do change a couple things here and there in ways that a lot of people don't like. Like sticking that "cat is fine too" joke into Bakemono, for example, or for some bizarre reason changing "Tiro Finale" to "Yellow Finale" in Madoka.

Still a good group overall though.

don't let's

Not particularly, unless it's AnCo, but they haven't done that much.

bluaki

For recent shows, I've largely looked at group comparisons, but I currently have a few groups I'll look for first:
SS/Eclipse
Mazui
UTW
Underwater

I usually avoid gg, Doki, and HorribleSubs.

Go Up