July 03, 2024, 01:02:47 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PC Controllers

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, September 18, 2011, 12:32:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

So, I started playing Tf2 on my pc, but I do not like the mouse/keyboard combo for fps.

is there a decent. CHEAP, controller out there. I like the 360's button/dual stick layout, and I know microsoft has the 360 controller for PC, but I don't really want to spend that much. I think it's like 60$.

Keep in mind that I have no wireless functionality in my PC.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: N o t S i d on September 18, 2011, 12:32:57 PM
So, I started playing Tf2 on my pc, but I do not like the mouse/keyboard combo for fps.

is there a decent. CHEAP, controller out there. I like the 360's button/dual stick layout, and I know microsoft has the 360 controller for PC, but I don't really want to spend that much. I think it's like 60$.

Keep in mind that I have no wireless functionality in my PC.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows-Pc/dp/B000HZFCT2

use that with your wireless 360 controller
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

bluaki

September 18, 2011, 01:11:09 PM #2 Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:20:45 PM by Nano
Alternatively, the wired version of the 360 controller works perfectly with PC by itself and is like $25~$30

I have one just for its use on PC

Samus Aran

Quote from: Kanbaru on September 18, 2011, 12:37:26 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows-Pc/dp/B000HZFCT2

use that with your wireless 360 controller

you don't need to use that, all it really takes is a usb cord for a 360 controller, or a wired controller like blu mentioned

you can do the same thing with a ps3 controller, although you need a program such as motioninjoy to make it work. it's very easy though. i use my dualshock 3 as my pc controller.

Andria

Is there even controller support for TF2? last time I checked there wasn't and you can only play with a mouse and keyboard

edit: nvm it is controller enabled now

As for controllers, I just plug in my ps3 controller and use a program to make my computer think it is a wired 360 controller.

Nyerp

wait but isn't "more exact aiming" with a mouse in fpshits one of the many advantages of glorious pc gaming lmao

ME##

Quote from: Sakamoto on September 18, 2011, 02:54:31 PM
wait but isn't "more exact aiming" with a mouse in fpshits one of the many advantages of glorious pc gaming lmao

supposedly, but then you have the cumbersome wsad set up lmoo goowan

Hiro

Quote from: Taavet on September 18, 2011, 03:25:13 PM
mouse plus joystick y/n

Andria

Quote from: Taavet on September 18, 2011, 03:25:13 PM

wasd isn't cumbersome!
Quote from: Hiro on September 18, 2011, 03:39:27 PM
mouse plus joystick y/n

that just sounds awkward...

Hiro

Quote from: Mio on September 18, 2011, 05:31:13 PM
wasd isn't cumbersome! that just sounds awkward...
joystiq for movement, mouse for pointing? sounds pretty good to me actually. plus the joystick would have the face buttons on it and shoulder buttons, and the mouse could have 1 or 2 side buttons.

Geno

Controller with TF2? WHY?
I could understand non FPS games, but come on man you have to play shooters with keyboard/mouse
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Geno on September 18, 2011, 08:42:26 PM
Controller with TF2? WHY?
I could understand non FPS games, but come on man you have to play shooters with keyboard/mouse
but

but it's hard

FAMY2

I use pc 360 controller. It's the best I think.

Go Up