September 20, 2024, 03:46:58 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

High music

Started by Josh, September 10, 2011, 08:36:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

What music do you like listening to when you're baked?

When I'm smoked up and I'm chill, I like to listen to a lot of Beck and Tom Waits, southern rock anything bluesy with twangy guitars really. I also listen to a lot of rap when I'm this kind of high.

When I'm high and I'm hyper or extremely active, I listen to a lot of techno/ambient IDM/Trance, any kind of electronic music.

When I'm in the afterglow I usually just listen to the same stuff I do when I'm relaxed.

silvertone

Geno

The Residents
Animal Collective
Ween

basically the weird stuff.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

The Glitch Mob
Crystal Castles
Starfucker
M83

High me loves electronic music

EDIT: Also, The xx

snoorkel

I think dub is the all-time winner. Scientist, King Tubby, Prince Jammy have all had thousands of plays while I've been high... and stoner metal (high on fire, weedeater, sleep). Occasionally I can get into electronic music while I'm high (the only time I listen to anything electronic anymore), flying lotus has always been good, and some of that trippy shit like Actress, deep house when I'm really groovin

strongbad

oh also as of recently, Neon Indian

snoorkel

so m83, neon indian, and crystal castles? psyduck;

strongbad

Quote from: vziard on September 10, 2011, 10:28:34 PM
so m83, neon indian, and crystal castles? psyduck;

What's wrong with that? Those are just the bands that I tend to gravitate towards when I'm stoned.

YPrrrr

Also... Flaming Lips, Andy Blueman, Glasser, Arcade Fire, bunch of stuff from the 50s 60s 70s...

This is an impossible list n_u

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Everything I listen to all the time.

But mostly Django Reinhardt. That gypsy groove is intoxicating.

piano moths

I am pretty much always high when I am listening to music so everything I like to listen to. As of late lots of cLOUDDEAD, Arcade Fire and Gang Starr.
kill them w kindness

slend666

Quote from: Geno on September 10, 2011, 08:42:54 PM
The Residents
Animal Collective
Ween

basically the weird stuff.

whoa whoa whoa
those are great bands holy shit

slend666

i really like listening to classic hip hop when i'm high, like a tribe called quest, del tha funkee homosapien, but also some like anticon shit
also i really like the sun city girls

strongbad

Quote from: slend666 on September 16, 2011, 04:06:59 PM
i really like listening to classic hip hop when i'm high, like a tribe called quest, del tha funkee homosapien, but also some like anticon shit
also i really like the sun city girls

a tribe is such great smoking music hocuspocus;

Mando Pandango

Shpongle

it's basically why they exist
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up