October 26, 2024, 10:22:28 AM

1,531,342 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm getting into road biking

Started by strongbad, September 07, 2011, 08:37:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I've done multiple 30 mile bike rides this summer (on my mtb  >.< ) and love it, so I've decided to try out for my university's cycling team.

Here's my ride:
http://imgur.com/a/yNbts

I'm so stoked  :3

YPrrrr

Hiro

What's an mtb? That sounds fun, but really tiring. If you can handle that though, I bet you'd be great for your school's cycling team (those exist?)

Your bike looks really neat.  :3

[spoiler]I think my bike was stolen recently, either that or it just disappeared :( [/spoiler]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Hiro on September 07, 2011, 10:49:55 AM
What's an mtb? That sounds fun, but really tiring. If you can handle that though, I bet you'd be great for your school's cycling team (those exist?)

Your bike looks really neat.  :3

[spoiler]I think my bike was stolen recently, either that or it just disappeared :( [/spoiler]
Mountain Bike, I'm assuming.

There was a book I read called Bicycle Diaries. It was written by David Byrne and it was about him riding his folding bicycle around various cities around the world.

Folding bikes sound like a good way to travel. They're compact, but I doubt they would be good for long distance riding.

I want to start biking, I think I will pick up a bike from Goodwill or a pawn shop.

snoorkel

silvertone

strongbad

piano moths

You seem really athletic so I bet it would be fun for you
kill them w kindness

Daddy

Do you get into a new XTEREME sport every month? akudood;

Do you suddenly not care about the previous ones or do you partake in them all concurrently?

Travis

Quote from: Khadafi on September 07, 2011, 03:37:45 PM

Do you suddenly not care about the previous ones or do you partake in them all concurrently?
I'm thinking of him doing multiple extreme sports at once and it's humorous

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

September 07, 2011, 06:27:22 PM #11 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:02:12 PM by Boognish-Redux-
Hey, right on!

I did a lot of riding as well well this summer. Actually, I did a thirty four mile spurt over this past weekend.  

I have a nice Gary Fischer road bike. I don't know much about what makes a good one a good one, but it works for me.

It's fun and it feels absolutely fantastic. Plus, fall riding is a some of the best.

Placebo Headwound

I never learned how to ride a bike, my parents never got me one as a kid. giggle;

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on September 07, 2011, 03:37:45 PM

The only sports I really do are biking, rock climbing (although not so much this summer with the absence of a free rock wall in my life, but that will resume when school starts), and snowboarding (winter obv). I really like longboarding, but I don't do it enough to consider myself an active longboarder. Maybe when school starts up.

Idk I really hate the redundancy of exercising, but I've been trying to stay in shape, so I've been finding activities that are fucking fun and give you a work out :)

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on September 07, 2011, 06:27:22 PM
Hey, right on!

I did a lot of riding as well well well well this summer. Actually, I did a thirty four mile spurt over this past weekend. 

I have a nice Gary Fischer road bike. I don't know much about what makes a good one a good one, but it works for me.

It's fun and it feels absolutely fantastic. Plus, fall riding is a a some of the best.

I'm so stoked for fall riding. Although I'm going to miss riding around in 80 degree weather with my shirt off and shades on.

Hiro

Go Up