No
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Thyme

Andria

If you ONLY play older games and refuse to acknowledge the amazing new games that come out then yes, yes you are.

Hippopo

ME##

Quote from: Squid Girl on September 05, 2011, 09:44:33 AM
If you ONLY play older games and refuse to acknowledge the amazing new games that come out then yes, yes you are.

he clearly doesn't understand what the word only entails 5thgrade;

Nyerp

ME##

Samus Aran

Maybe. It sort of depends on the age and the attitude of the person, too. Old people aren't hipsters, you know. My mom will only play old games at arcades and otherwise doesn't really play games at all, but she can't really be a "hipster" because of it. And what if a person simply stopped really being much of a gamer after a certain generation and just plays a game they grew up with now and then still? Some people just have no interest in newer games.

Their loss of course.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Not at all. Everybody has their niche. I feel like it's very easy to generalize outside of your own niche, and make inaccurate assumptions like this. I love older games, and newer games.

gamers are so annoying

Mando Pandango

Quote from: MF Doom on September 05, 2011, 11:11:31 AM
I love older games, and newer games.
So you like video games. Great. Then there are people who only play older games because no new video games are any good, which simply isn't true. Thus, elitist.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Quote from: Man of Popcikle on September 05, 2011, 11:14:01 AM
So you like video games. Great. Then there are people who only play older games because no new video games are any good, which simply isn't true. Thus, elitist.

But everybody has their preference. There are some genres that I completely avoid because I simply do not like said genre. Does that make me an elitist for the genres that I do enjoy?

Would I call you a Guitar Hero elitist because you play a shit load of Guitar Hero? No, I'd just say that you are good at Guitar Hero and play it a lot (even though you could be an elitist, I'm just making a point).

I can completely understand only playing older games. There are a ton of mechanics that are abundant in older games that are almost nonexistent in modern games. Retro gaming is also a lot less expensive.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of gamers who only play older games for the sake of being an elitist, but people are elitists about fucking everything. Saying that everyone who plays older games over newer games is an extremely broad generalization, and I would go as far to say that anybody who actually believes that generalization is an idiot who needs to change their perspective a little.

Mando Pandango

[spoiler]God I hate arguing. Why did I even post in this thread?[/spoiler]

For the record, Guitar Hero hasn't been legitimately good since 2 (well, 80s, but that barely counts).

My point is that people will play older games because they're older, and that inherently makes those games better. That's what I thought this thread was about, and those people are elitist.

Hippopo

I would say that older games have a different style which some people find more appealing.  It would be silly to say that some of the new games can't capture this style, but for the most part they don't.  That's why we elitists stick to older gaming.  baddood;

Nyerp

Go Up