July 05, 2024, 08:16:15 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

why are mmos so depressing

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 11, 2011, 06:14:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on August 11, 2011, 07:27:26 PM

Good: Arcadey variations of any of the above, individual-oriented sports (tennis, golf, racing, boxing, etc). And hockey. giggle;

If you liked Mario Super Strikers I will hurt you akudood;
Quote from: TheSequel on August 13, 2011, 11:41:22 PM

I also hate racers, not including the Mario Kart and Burnout serieseseseseses (what's the plural for that anyway)

The plural is series. It's like sheep. :)

Thyme

Quote from: YPR on August 15, 2011, 08:56:30 AM

i've never played it but i see me potentially liking it akudood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Windows ME on August 15, 2011, 06:10:16 AM
There's several other games to fill that need. Like Monster Rancher.

but pokemon is still more than different enough from those other games

silvertone

Pokémon is about kicking ass and taking names, if you do not get this then get a clue.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on August 15, 2011, 11:09:16 AM
It's dumb akudood;

silvertone

August 15, 2011, 02:43:22 PM #35 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:51:37 PM by YPR
Dude strikers is so fun, it is the best. so fun.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Andria

European football is actually the only kind of sports game I will play the non-cartoony arcade versions of

?????

Quote from: Thyme on August 15, 2011, 11:09:16 AM

It's fun akudood;
Die for Dethklok

Geno

Quote from: YPR on August 15, 2011, 08:56:30 AM
That was probably the best online game for the Wii.  baddood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Geno on August 18, 2011, 10:11:22 AM
That was probably the best online game for the Wii.  baddood;

if by "best" you actually mean "worst" myface;

[spoiler]monster hunter tri is by far the best online game on the wii and imo may actually be one of the best of this generation hocuspocus;[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

silvertone

I thought super strikers was for gamecube.

Geno

Quote from: YPR on August 18, 2011, 10:57:06 AM
Sad
It is pretty sad. But it was one of the only games that had leaderboards and really competitive gameplay.
Plus I was really good at it.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Kalahari Inkantation

I think another issue of mine is that I can't play most games that lack 'depth'.  I'd lump the overwhelming majority of sports, simulation (Animal Crossing, Sims, etc.), fighting, and racing games into this category. goowan

Andria

Well mmos have a lot of depth so I don't think you can count those.

The depth just comes via strategy/proper use of your abilities/equipment as opposed to story depth

Go Up