September 30, 2024, 12:21:45 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Aren't you glad...

Started by snoorkel, August 25, 2011, 02:46:48 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snoorkel

That we grew up in the golden age of Nintendo, and probably the golden age of console games (high point being the release of the Sega Genesis) for that matter?

We grew up with NESs lying around from our older siblings, getting Gameboy Pockets and N64s for Christmas and saving up for GameCubes as some of our first major purchases   lubdoods;

[spoiler]Not to leave out PSX and everything else that used to be great.[/spoiler]

NOW IT'S ALL FUCK

YPrrrr

Idk, PS3 is pretty cook.

But I do have fond nostalgia for my N64, I just think I had more time to play it back then and cherished it more because it was the first console I could call mine

crystalpepsi

Chances are you haven't even played a game in recent years. Seriously, nostalgia is bullshit. Plenty of amazing games have come out in this decade, and its sad to see people who can't see past this just to be able to say "Durrr I ONLY PLAYED THE ORIGINAL 150 POKEMONZ XD LMAO, RETROOOOOO BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

Samus Aran

high point being the release of the sega genesis? i was 2 years old. it's not like i remember it being released.

plus the super nintendo is way better.

yes, i am glad to be old enough to have had and still have all these old great games and such. but while this current generation is a bit disappointing overall, it's by no means bad. all three consoles considered, there are LOTS of great games this generation. just not as many as the last one, or the one before that, or the one before that.

don't let's

The older games seem to have more replayability. Whereas most newer games, if I get around to replaying them at all, it's usually more than a year later.

Dullahan

Although the SNES generation was my favourite, I don't think games are getting dull. In fact, I think the GCN/Xbox/PS2 generation was the worst. In my opinion, this generation is an improvement from the last.

Newer games are still fun for me to Let's Play. And besides, I have friends who prefer to play newer games on multiplayer rather than older ones. Oh well.

I honestly believe that pretty much everyone who was born from 1997 to now won't appreciate the older games as much as we do (if they appreciate them at all). So yes, I am thankful for that, in that sense. I still feel that the generation after this one is going to be pretty awesome.

And I'd be a liar if I said that I wasn't interested in Nintendo's upcoming console. Although it's too early to tell, I'm liking the things they are offering so far. We'll see what happens, though.

Nyerp

Quote from: Dullahan on August 26, 2011, 09:05:40 PM
In fact, I think the GCN/Xbox/PS2 generation was the worst. In my opinion, this generation is an improvement from the last.

uh

what

Samus Aran

Dullahan

I said I think. I never said it was, because everyone differs in opinion.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Dullahan on August 27, 2011, 08:35:51 AM
I said I think. I never said it was, because everyone differs in opinion.

of course

but it's a bizarre opinion n_u

Hippopo

Yeah, I'm thankful.  The industry was relatively young, so we got to see a lot of rapid innovation and growth during our childhood.  It kept things exciting and new for years.

ikanaide

I was not alive for this release but SNES is my favorite console hocuspocus;
I have SNES and Super Famicon both myface;

strongbad

we were in the target demographic for the first pokemon games
fuck yeah

Go Up