October 06, 2024, 06:48:00 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

recomending japan rpg to me.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 18, 2011, 06:06:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

So as we're all now aware, I have difficulty enjoying turn-based RPGs because the incessant menu navigation doesn't appeal to me. smithicide;

however even i am willing to admit that i've never really given myself a chance to become accustomed to any turn-based rpgs -- in the past i've quickly become bored of navigating menus and eventually i'd simply stop trying to enjoy the game, probably prematurely in most cases (paper mario/super mario rpg/pokemon/final fantasy myface;)

So in order to at least attempt to remedy this, I figured I should play some of this genre's better games.

So, what should I start with?

i suppose it'd be best to go with a final fantasy or mario title but i'm open to any suggestions really hocuspocus;

Nyerp

PAPER FUCKING MARIO

GO PLAY IT

RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Hiro

paper mario probably is the best to start with.

Samus Aran

agreed, paper mario. it's a great entry-level rpg that manages to actually be really fucking good despite being so simplified

after that, i guess i could suggest either ffvi or ffvii to start with for that series...or maybe a tales game since they're action rpgs with little menu navigation (if any) during battles (unless you're dying and need to use an item or need to switch your moves or tactics or run away from battle)

Kalahari Inkantation

the original right befuddlement

yay i get to increase my n64 collection :3

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on August 18, 2011, 08:57:04 PM
the original right befuddlement

yay i get to increase my n64 collection :3

yes the original, although ttyd can be played without playing the original since it's not the most direct sequel ever, and it's almost just as great

but you should probs play the original first anyway

also i added more to my post

Commander Fuckass

PAPER MARIO

THEN FINAL FANTASY VI
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

wawi

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Suigintou on August 18, 2011, 08:55:03 PM
or maybe a tales game since they're action rpgs with little menu navigation (if any) during battles (unless you're dying and need to use an item or need to switch your moves or tactics or run away from battle)

i have far less trouble with action rpgs because they don't rely on menus, i played through tos goodjob;

what i'm trying to overcome is my aversion to menu navigation :'(

strongbad

Any of the dragon quest on DS. I loved V, and have heard great things about the others

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on August 18, 2011, 10:16:35 PM
i have far less trouble with action rpgs because they don't rely on menus, i played through tos goodjob;

oh okay cool, how'd you like it?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Darth Wawi on August 18, 2011, 10:06:55 PM
pokemon
^^^

Or Golden Sun which is the only FFesque game I've enjoyed

[spoiler]or earthbound[/spoiler]

Nyerp

if you play pokemon play a game in gens 1 or 2

Samus Aran

Quote from: MF Doom on August 18, 2011, 10:20:12 PM
Any of the dragon quest on DS. I loved V, and have heard great things about the others

i don't know, i don't think grind-heavy games are a good first suggestion

bluaki

Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on August 19, 2011, 11:35:19 AM
He should start on gen 2 because it has both regions. giggle;
I'd say gen 2 is great for fixing the broken type system and splitting the Special stat while at the same time keeping the battle system simple despite future games complicating it further.

But its implementation of Kanto is horrible and makes the region a boring place 5thgrade;

Go Up