October 02, 2024, 03:21:12 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how the hell do people read japaneses

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, August 17, 2011, 09:33:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

what the fuck man it's a bunch of squares

they all look the same i can't tell what's a verb and what's an adjective.

i don't think you can actually verbally read this, which confirms my theory that the japanese language is just a bunch of made up sounds that no one really understands, but they act like perfectly understand each other to screw with us americans

Kalahari Inkantation

I just realized that Japanese and Danish are the same language. confuseddood;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk[/youtube]

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

ME##

Quote from: Tectrika on August 17, 2011, 09:44:06 AM
I just realized that Japanese and Danish are the same language. confuseddood;

i lol when when grabs him and says 'hjælp!' goowan

wawi

Andria

It is actually very easy , at least for katakana and hiragana. Each symbol has a sound associated with it like shi mi ma de su ka etc and you just combine the sounds for the word, which at least in katakana sounds like english.

As for kanji, well fuck that  n_u

that is mostly remembering the symbols. a lot of kanji are just other kanji combined so once you get some down it gets easier and easier to remember them.

piano moths

my french/german teacher in high school can speak Japanese and he tried to explain it to our class once... I think it makes sense, but I am not sure if I am capable of ever learning it.
kill them w kindness

Nyerp

Recent Track: ãµã,‹ã•ã¨ - Takuro Yoshida

silvertone

snoorkel

japanese seems kind of easy to read, since the symbols (mostly) have specific sounds and meanings, I'm more amazed that people can learn languages like Arabic or Urdu

musica.cards

forget japanese, how can you read chinese? >.<
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

bluaki

Quote from: On Stid on August 17, 2011, 09:33:42 AM
i don't think you can actually verbally read this, which confirms my theory that the japanese language is just a bunch of made up sounds that no one really understands, but they act like perfectly understand each other to screw with us americans
Recent Track: é™ãƒ--ロãƒãƒ¼ã,º - å‰ç"°æ‹"郎 Takuro Yoshida
In that, the "ãƒ--ロãƒãƒ¼ã,º" is read phonetically as "puropozu" which I believe is supposed to refer to the English word "propose"
The other symbols are the Kanji or Chinese characters that the Japanese language uses. Each one usually has like two main ways to pronounce it (usually it can be figured out by context which one to use), I believe some basic rules exist that may alter the pronunciations slightly based on the adjacent sounds, and Japanese people are expected to learn like 2000 of them
Also å‰ç"°æ‹"郎 is the artist name (in Japanese name order that's Yoshida Takuro)
é™ = sei
å‰ = yoshi
ç"° = da
æ‹" = taku
郎 = ro

Basically, they have a ton of symbols, the writing makes sense to those fluent in the language, and, like in any language, there's various complications 5thgrade;

[spoiler]I can't read Japanese and just looked up those five symbols goowan[/spoiler]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: bluika on August 18, 2011, 08:09:20 AM
Recent Track: é™ãƒ--ロãƒãƒ¼ã,º - å‰ç"°æ‹"郎 Takuro Yoshida
In that, the "ãƒ--ロãƒãƒ¼ã,º" is read phonetically as "puropozu" which I believe is supposed to refer to the English word "propose"
The other symbols are the Kanji or Chinese characters that the Japanese language uses. Each one usually has like two main ways to pronounce it (usually it can be figured out by context which one to use), I believe some basic rules exist that may alter the pronunciations slightly based on the adjacent sounds, and Japanese people are expected to learn like 2000 of them
Also å‰ç"°æ‹"郎 is the artist name (in Japanese name order that's Yoshida Takuro)
é™ = sei
å‰ = yoshi
ç"° = da
æ‹" = taku
郎 = ro

Basically, they have a ton of symbols, the writing makes sense to those fluent in the language, and, like in any language, there's various complications 5thgrade;

[spoiler]I can't read Japanese and just looked up those five symbols goowan[/spoiler]
how can you tell the squares apart

bluaki

Quote from: On Stid on August 18, 2011, 10:57:41 AM
how can you tell the squares apart
If you see squares, that's because your computer doesn't have any Japanese typography installed.

To me, my post looks like:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

ikanaide

kanji is hard reading because boyah font  akudood;

Go Up